INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resending SetNextAVTransportURI  (Read 841 times)

TomNKY

• Recent member
Resending SetNextAVTransportURI
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:27:59 pm »

My control point has been running quite well following the SetAVTransportURI and immediately sending a SetNextAVTransportURI for the next item in my playlist. The problem I'm experiencing only came to notice when allow my users to manipulate the playlist.

If I have created a playlist and have not played yet only a SetAVTransportURI has been sent. I can manipulate the playlist, changing order etc... and when I play my CP sends the Play command and also looks in the playlist and does a SetNextAVTransportURI so than buffering can occur .... once the song finishes, I detect it , I update the displayed info and do another SetNextAVTransportURI ...

I can leave it playing or even stop and allow the user to muck about with the playlist. Say they move what would have been the next song down a couple places. I realized that I'd need to update the NextURI so I send a SetnextAVTransportURI.  However, this doesn't replace the the NextTransportURI, instead it seems to append and Now my tracking with the playlist shall we say goes all wonky ;-)

I haven't really seen where UPnP has a reset of this NextURI, no actually did it claim you could keep sending them an in essense build up the playlist. BUT because I need to let the user go wild on the CP I thought we just had this sort of 2 song mini playlist thing going. Did I miss something?

Tom

doulos

• World Citizen
Re: Resending SetNextAVTransportURI
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:16:43 am »

Hi,

2 questions:

- what control point are you talking about? Self-developed? Available?
- what renderer are you testing against? JRiver?

apart from that, I have never heard that you could append to the NextAVTransportURI, nor do I think you normally can. AFAIR the UPnP spec is quite clear that both AVTransportURI and NextAVTransportURI are just what the name implies - single resource URIs (although, if the renderer supports it, each could point to a playlist file). I have however just recently seen one renderer get all wonky when a certain (legal) sequence of calls was made, so much depends on the actual device you talk to.
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips
Pages: [1]   Go Up