INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PowerDVD 13 - media library is pathetic  (Read 4603 times)

jkauff

• World Citizen
New PowerDVD 13 - media library is pathetic
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:47:04 am »

Yes, I still use PowerDVD alongside MC for Blu-ray. They've improved the playback quality quite a bit, but the media library is still awful. They now download movie covers and info from their proprietary Moovie service, and it got at least 75% of my movies wrong with no easy way to correct them.

MC is still miles ahead of Cyberlink in everything but the ability to play Blu-ray menus and special features.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: New PowerDVD 13 - media library is pathetic
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:24:38 am »

Do you know if they still have disabled the command line for network files ?
Tmt 5 is still the only player (uMCEplayer.exe) which can be used pretty coveniently as external player in MC (if you need full bluray menu support - which is my case). Powerdvd12 cannot be launched by command line for network folders so no go in MC ...

jkauff

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:24:18 pm »

Do you know if they still have disabled the command line for network files ?
Tmt 5 is still the only player (uMCEplayer.exe) which can be used pretty coveniently as external player in MC (if you need full bluray menu support - which is my case). Powerdvd12 cannot be launched by command line for network folders so no go in MC ...

They did not change the command line functionality.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:51:32 pm »

Just played with PDVD13. Actually they have re-enabled the command line for network files. Launching it in cinema mode as external player (custom) from MC works again with file location expressions such as \\server\share\file. Now closing PDVD13 on one stroke (keyboard/remote) is a problem...where TMT if used from MC nicely opens and closes returning to MC, PowerDVD13 remains stuck and returns to their own agreed "pathetic" library.

As said so many times and knowing what it means and where the problems (technical, licencing) are : It would be so nice MC could handle directly full bluray menu.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 08:09:06 am »

...where TMT if used from MC nicely opens and closes returning to MC,

Hi, how is this set-up?
Pages: [1]   Go Up