INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Webgizmo questions  (Read 3935 times)

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
3 Webgizmo questions
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:38:14 am »

Hi all,

Three Webgizmo questions that I can't seem to find answers to with all of my searching and  digging in the forum and in the files inside of JRiver.   If there is anyone in the community (or from JRiver ) who can help, it would be much appreciated.

1.   When streaming audio (low bitrate) from home to my phone, outside the network(port forward), it works great, but seems to only play 1 song at a time and I need to manually forward to play the next track.  I've looked everywhere I can think of for a setting, but can't find anything.

2.  I've had a good time skinning WebGizmo to my liking (see below--it looks better on my phone, but doesn't look too bad in the browser.), and the last part I can't figure out is how to change the volume and time sliders. Does anyone know where the graphics files are for these two?  (maybe there are not editable?  )  I can't find code or art for anything remotely close to them.

3.   As you can see from the screen shot, I've just created a simple icon to represent the generic default LargeIcon.  Is there anyway to add individual icons for each category(Artist, Genre, year, etc....)  I'd love to create icons for each type of file (audio, video, images, etc), but I can't find the code or anyway to specify icons for each one.

Thanks so much,

Ken

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: 3 Webgizmo questions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:28:29 am »

I get the one song playback too.  I think it's a problem with the program.  I do wish they would fix this.  Is there a plan to make it work properly??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 03:37:10 pm »

1.   When streaming audio (low bitrate) from home to my phone, outside the network(port forward), it works great, but seems to only play 1 song at a time and I need to manually forward to play the next track.  I've looked everywhere
 I can think of for a setting, but can't find anything.
I don't have any low bitrate files to check, but I can't duplicate this problem.  I'm using 18.0.193.  If they are big files, there might be significant gaps between the tracks.

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:45:00 am »

1) Is this being served from a low powered NAS? As Jim says if you are asking it to convert a flac to a mp3, then it might take time to do the conversion?
In my experience, it will start to play as soon as the stream has buffered enough locally. It appears that the server will send the music as fast as it can upload.

---
Jim
Is it possible for the next track in a playlist to start to upload with enough time to ensure that there is a minimal gap between tracks?
---

Also regarding play 1 song at a time, check the nowplaying playlist, is there only 1 track?
If you try and play an album, what happens?

2) Is that your lounge, with ample space, huge speakers and a tiny TV? :P

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 09:58:17 am »

Thanks guys

I get very reliable loading of the first song (converting from flac to low bit rate mp3).  As soon as the first song ends I can touch the screen and bring up the controls and forward to the next song with no delay, it just won't go on to the next song automatically.  I use Webgizmo to stream music from my server at home to my Windows phone so that I can play songs via bluetooth to my car or while at work.

I can't bring up any playlist (Webgizmo seems to use projeckktor to play video and audio from what I can tell from my attempts to skin it).  I can't find a playlist...which may be the problem--maybe there is only one song cued up.  I need to run webgizmo and be at my main server to see if I can see anything...I'll try that next.  But projeckktor doesn't seem to have a playlist...I'm frequently wrong so if anyone knows more, please let me know.

The computer server that is running this set up is pretty SOA.  I run a completely digital crossover with filters generated by Audiolense XO, which is then sent out via a LYNX 2B to 7 separate channels of amplification (1 amp for each driver).    I dont think the server part is the weak link...it can do WAY more normally, so sending out the mp3s seems pretty simple.

No the pics aren't of my room, but I'm pretty proud of all I have set up and learned ;D.   Below is pic of my room...I built the speakers (from Curt's speaker design works webpage).  They are the Statements--my first try at building a speaker. 

I really like the skinning I have done on Webgizmo, if anyone wants the files I'd be glad to post them, but I do it for myself since my graphics and programming skills are so green I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes and problems that I don't want to subject others to.

Thanks for any help you guys can give...I LOVE J River and my set up with room correction, digital crossover, etc would not be possible without all of the great improvements to the program.  Keep up the GREAT work, and thanks so much.

Ken

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:05:08 am »

I should add that this problem only happens when I am streaming to my phone outside my home network.  If I try the same thing in a browser inside my house, it works fine.    Same interface, but it goes on to the next song automatically.

Strangely enough I am now losing the play and forward buttons in webgizmo (projekktor).  If I use the normal webgizmo interface to control my main system I have no problems, the only problems seem to be exclusive to when it uses projekktor to play files.

I'll try restarting the whole system, but I had them this morning when I started troubleshooting and now they are gone both inside my network in a browser and on my phone. ???

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 11:09:49 am »

I have to assume that there are no other songs in the playlist since on my phone the forward to reverse icons are greyed out (system icons that apply to any media player that is running.)  I wish I could see a list of files that are playing to webgizmo.

Thanks again to anyone who has any ideas.

Ken

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

I had another thought....I play almost all of my music to my main speakers via ASIO through the Lynx 2b card.  But, when I'm streaming to my phone (or to another computer in the house), can I/should I   change the audio settings, or is that done automatically.   I already have options menu/media network/client options/audio conversion set to the lowest settings. (low bit rate mp3 from flac, 640x480 jpg, etc)

I'm stumped.  I love the possibility of streaming from my computer to any of my devices in or out of the network, but I'm struggling getting it to work.  I'm sure its something on my end, but I'm not having any luck

Again, any and all help is appreciated.

Ken

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 04:53:53 pm »

Just tested this again with a few different devices and on some I'm having trouble with it going on to the next song.
Now if you only pick one track, it only plays that one but if you say "play all" it should transition.
I suspect some incompatibility between projekktor and specific browsers. I've tried the latest version but I can't get it to display properly with our script.
The playlist is there, it's built dynamically. If you used a source inspector on whatever browser you have you'd see it.

fjcbs

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 06:49:59 am »

Hello,

I was having the same problem (Gizmo only playing first track). I'm using JRiver 18.0.212.

The problem occurs when playing through 2nd gen ipod touch (IOS 4.2.1) and iphone 4 (ios 6.1.3). I see no problem playing from a browser on another pc...

After fiddling with most settings in JRiver without any success, I compared JRiver Gizmo's code (html and js) from an old custom "appearance" I made some time ago (from last year) and decided to replace current projeckkto.min.js with the older version - current is V1.0.23 r85 for JRiver 18.0.212 and I'm now using V1.0.14 r44.

This worked for me and the tracks now play in continuously mode without pauses.  :D

My installation hosts the projekktor.min.js file at
"C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\Data\Library Server\Gizmo\Default_FS\scripts\projekktor.min.js"

kmrylander

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 11:51:55 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately I get the same thing.  I still only get one song at a time even when I'm in my house (using my phone, but using the outside web address  ) .  Anything from inside the house on the wireless works fine.

I've also lost the icons...play, forward, time, that were once there.  Hopefully when I switch over the JR19 it might work better.    Amazing potential, that I hope I can get to work.  It must be something on my end.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up