INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing tags in library shared by media server  (Read 642 times)

zendoo

• Recent member
Editing tags in library shared by media server
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:38:50 am »

I am sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldnt find it.

Is it possible to load a library on my cool new computer via the library server, sharing the library on my fat hard disk on my old slow and crashing computer, edit the tags in the new computer and have the tags updated in the original library and in the files on the hdd of the serving computer?
In other words:
I have an old computer where JR Mediacenter constantly crashes when I try and change tags of many files (I am not happy with this obviously...). I use this old computer with the fat hdd as media server. I have a new computer with a SDD hdd that is too small to have my files on it. But it has acceptable speakers and works wonders in video playback. So I load the library served from the old computer on the new computer via wireless. Now I listen to a song/watch a movie on the new computer and want to give it stars - is there a way to make this tagging be recorded in the old computers library? Is there a way to make these stars be stored in the old computer's file? Can I change genres and other stuff on the new computer and have these changes be permanent, ie. be written in the old computers library and files? Can I rename files in JR Mediacenter on the new computer and have the files on the old computer remotely moved into new directories, ...?

If there is a way - what do I need to do?

In other other words:

Can I use the client library as remote control for all functions in media center changing tags, filenames, etc on the server?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up