INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Define "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list"  (Read 2266 times)

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Define "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list"
« on: April 06, 2013, 07:39:39 am »

I recently started using MC18 with my Samsung Galaxy S III to sync music playlists to it's SD card. The music and playlists are recognized by several media players so things are working well. My concern, however, is that as playlists that I have chosen to sync with my phone change that titles no longer in those playlists will remain on the phone. The solution, it would seem, is to use the "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" option. The concern I have is that when I select my phone's SD card under MC18's "Drives & Devices" there are many titles (music, photos, podcasts, and videos) detailed as "On Device" that were not put there by MC18 and I do not want them deleted by MC18's sync process.

I've searched through many threads and the online manual but have been unable to learn how MC18 handles this. Does it have its own file paths that keep its content separate from other app's content? My assumption is that if I select the option to "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" I will wipe out everything I see in the "On Device" list.

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Define "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:26:02 am »

I just ran a test and it appears MC18's sync process only affects files in the directories/paths detailed in sync options. If you really want to be safe and differentiate MC's files from all others, I would suggest creating a top directory of MC and then sub-directories for each type of media. My only concern is that the phone's media players will pick up on the synced media and playlists without issue.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Define "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list"
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:43 am »

MC uses the media-types base path as the cut point for determine deletion candidacy.  It should not go above that point when deleting files "not on the handheld".
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up