INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to copy-n-paste from "Google" option in MC18, but yet it works in MJ14?  (Read 1561 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi!  I used MJ14 for almost a year before upgrading to MC18  (which I love, love love btw)  I am so picky about my organization like I am sure most of us music lovers are.  So when I set up a new band I like to put as much information as possible into the tagging.  Especially the "bios" option.  (I will use this as a example, although it doesn't seem to work in any field) 

In MJ14 I was able to highlight a band then hit the "Google" option on the top of the screen and go to the bands wiki page or whatever else information page I can find.....highlight the information I want, right click and copy the information and then back button back into the tagging fields and paste into the field very easily.   :D

IN MC18 I can not do this option, I am unable to carry over any information and paste into fields.  I would sure hope this is fixed because its a very convenient option for me anyways.

I realize I can open my browser outside of MC and copy and paste all the information I want, but I found it very useful to have the option of staying within the MC interface to do all this.   

Another Issue!
**For getting album art, I am also unable to copy to clipboard for the option Cover Art> Paste From Clipboard (which can be done on MJ14 as well)   

Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

• Citizen of the Universe

I can confirm that copying text doesn't work when the engine is set to internet explorer. (have not tried chromium)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

This is because IE runs in a protected mode that keeps its clipboard private for security reasons.

We haven't found a way around it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck

This may be a dumb question, but here it goes.....

I was wondering when you use the options at the top to go into the Internet, ie Google, Wiki, Images, etc. what browser does MC use?  IE, or Chrome, or the one I use on my computer which is Firefox?  

And why does this copy n paste stuff work in MediaJukebox?  Hmmm, weird...
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

If you go to Tools > Options > Tree & View > Web Browser, you can change the engine from Internet Explorer to Chromium. I don't know if this will help with your problem. (I assume it will install Chromium the first time you try to use it, and I don't want that on my system)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

(I assume it will install Chromium the first time you try to use it, and I don't want that on my system)

Nothing is installed or registered on the system.

It just puts a few DLLs in a private JRiver folder.

The Chromium engine is different than the Chrome browser (although they're built from the same stuff).  More here:
https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello!!   

I switched to Chromium and it solved the problem of being able to copy n paste text information.

But it still wont let me copy images to clipboard and transfer over for cover art.  BUT with MC's proficient cover art program, I dont think I will need that as much as I did with MediaJukebox.   

So, for me the problem is solved and I am grateful for all your help.  Thanks!  :D

Nothing is installed or registered on the system.

It just puts a few DLLs in a private JRiver folder.

The Chromium engine is different than the Chrome browser (although they're built from the same stuff).  More here:
https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/
Thanks - do you recommend using Internet Explorer or Chromium? (seems like IE might be best if it's running in protected mode?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up