INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real Jukebox  (Read 1150 times)

jabauer

Real Jukebox
« on: March 31, 2002, 09:34:08 pm »

I will buy Media Jukebox, if it can convert my Real files (RMJ) to MP3. I did try the tools/ convert format, if no luck.

Scronch

RE:Real Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2002, 11:33:00 pm »

Real's format is proprietary, so it's not easy to find conversion tools.  Look into Winamp with the Tara plug-in.  Once they're all changed to mp3, use MJ.

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2002, 11:32:02 am »

If they are not secure files,have a look at DBpowerAMp.You can convert but at real time. A 5 minutes song takes 5 minutes to convert
You can also do it in RealJukebox

Udo_1

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2002, 08:45:35 am »

I was an RealJB user too and my first rips, I used the secure format too. So, I turned the 'secure option' off and the converted all secure files using the build in function (kept the format!). RJB kreated an unsecure mp3 file.
It's worth a try and its fast too.

Udo

hvy duty

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2002, 04:07:45 pm »

Udo
I had some files that were secure and I used Jukebox Plus to convert them back to MP3 it worked my copy of RealJukebox Plus is two years old I don't know about the new one's I seen the light RealJukebox Plus is (I won't get into that).  If they were converted in Jukebox it should convert them back in Jukebox.

Udo_1

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2002, 08:08:18 pm »

The problem is, RJB uses secure files. There is no practical way to use them in any other player (incl. RJB, if you don't have the key). So, using RJB to convert them is the only chance. I don't think, the encryption code was changed due to newer versions. The only bad taste here is, you must use RJB Plus, otherwise the max bitrate will be set to 96k.

Udo

Udo_1

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2002, 08:08:21 pm »

The problem is, RJB uses secure files. There is no practical way to use them in any other player (incl. RJB, if you don't have the key). So, using RJB to convert them is the only chance. I don't think, the encryption code was changed due to newer versions. The only bad taste here is, you must use RJB Plus, otherwise the max bitrate will be set to 96k.

Udo

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2002, 08:28:30 pm »

I think the problem here is... using Real products.  I made that mistake originally.

hvy duty

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2002, 12:39:30 pm »

The problem is by default jukebox uses secure mode you must change it when you setup the program. Like Scronch I give up on Real they did have some good things they just had a lot more things that were bad
Pages: [1]   Go Up