INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac MC and Server Library  (Read 1765 times)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Mac MC and Server Library
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:22:25 am »

Just starting a new thread for discussing issues pertaining to using a remote server library.

I have the following:
Mac Mini (10.8 ) --> gigE --> Switch --> gigE --> MacBook Pro (10.8 )

With 18.0.165 I can  now connect to the remote library via either the library key or ip address, however, if I select anything other than MP3 conversion, my remote MC will not play any music.

MP3 --> Generally plays music, but sometimes it drops out or switches songs before the song is done.
Lossless compression --> Seemingly plays one note per song and moves on
No compression --> Tells me that it had a problem playing and doesn't play anything

Let me know what information I can provide to help

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Mac MC and Server Library
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »

My take on library server in build 165.

Playing dsf file on the main mac mini system connected to hifi, streaming redbook cd to macbook pro, without conversion, streaming 192/24 to JRemote on ipod touch with conversion to mp3 and streaming dsf file to JRiver on iPhone with conversion to mp3, all at the same time with no drop outs.

Brilliant.

2012 Mac Mini 2.5GHz i5, 8GB Ram, 2TB external HD firewire via Thunderbolt adapter.

However the only minor hiccup is that when I close MC on the Macbook, that has been connected to the library server, I get a dialog box come up telling me the database will be opened in read-only mode. It then disappears and nothing happens, when I click OK.

Paul
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

Maeghaus

• World Citizen
  • These are not the Druids you are looking for.
Re: Mac MC and Server Library
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:40:37 pm »

Having a playback issue over the network where some MP3 files start 30 seconds into the song and some don't play at all ("Something went wrong with playback" error).

I'm streaming from an iMac Duo Core 2.4 GHz with an attached external drive that contains the library, to a MacBook Pro Quad Core 2.8GHz. The iMac has 4GB of RAM and the MacBook has 8GB RAM.
Windows PC (2023)
- Media Center Playback Host (DNLA), primary library source - Windows 11 Pro - Intel 12th Gen Core i7-12700KF@3.60 GHz - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32 GB (16x2) RAM DDR4 3200 - EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3, 10 GB VRAM - WD_BLACK 4TB SN850X SSD - Mac Mini M1 (2020) - MSI GE Series GE66 Raider Laptop
Pages: [1]   Go Up