INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting issue between JRemote & JRiver MC18‏  (Read 2059 times)

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
Connecting issue between JRemote & JRiver MC18‏
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

Hey guys,so i cant connect with JRemote on my iPad 3 with JRiver MC 18 (latest version 18.0.164,tested older versions and didnt work either)

I uninstalled JRiver and JRemote and re-installed these apps but issue remains.
I disabled the AVG firewall but no luck either.

When i'm adding a server in JRemote through the access key (which i'm using the correct one provided in JRiver MC18) it says the following:
Error:
Access key was verrified,but computer connection failed.Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network.

When i'm adding my server through the IP adress i'm getting the following error:

"Could not connect to your computer.  Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network."

Any guess why this is happening,what can i do to check if everrything is working fine on my HTPC. (Windows 7 64-bit)

I have VirtualBox but i followed that tutorial to add a special key so my pc only detects my original LAN card. (even uninstalled VB but that doesnt do the trick either)

I don't understand it,a week ago everrything went fine and today i want to control my music library through JRemote and nothing works.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Connecting issue between JRemote & JRiver MC18‏
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:02:01 pm »

That sounds like a firewall problem.  In MC's options for Media Network, click on the Access Key to get the test feature.

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 04:03:17 am »

It's not the firewall,i turned it off completely and it doesnt work either.
I installed MC18 on my dad's laptop,typed in the access key and it worked first time.
When i'm testing my connection (clicking the access key) it says the following:

The library server is not reachable from the internet,but you can still use it within your local network.
To use this server from other computers on your local network,select it in the tree (playig now ,-> playing from) and click load library
To make this server accessible from the internet,you'll probably need to configure your router's port forwarding to allow incoming access on port 52199

So i did that port forwarding thing on my US Robotics router but it stays the same.
Any more things i could try,try it in safe mode or something.

JRemote is the reason why i bought an iPad to control my music library.
I dont want to do a fresh re-install off windows just so that it 'could' work

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 05:11:29 am »

Ok,tried it in safe mode but to no avail.
I'm seeing my pc on the network (library server),hmm it's got to be some kind of wrong setting but where do i start to look.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 05:58:14 am »

The wiki has a topic called "Network Access".

Make sure you're not running a second firewall (bad idea).  Microsoft's firewall?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:04:35 am »

It's not the firewall,i turned it off completely and it doesnt work either.
I installed MC18 on my dad's laptop,typed in the access key and it worked first time.
That confirms that the problem is network or firewall related, and not with JRemote or MC.

A second firewall would explain it, or a firewall that still is active even though you have disabled it.

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:33 am »

If you have 3rd party software often times it is just a "manager" for the Windows firewall, and sometimes even if you set things up properly to allow stuff through,  it still messes up and doesn't set it up properly in Windows firewall,   so you should consider that possibility as well.

I had this issue once where I allowed  Media Center  via  ESET Smart Security  pop-ups,  and when I manually checked the Windows firewall,  it had 2 sets of entries,  one which allowed and another which for some reason was set to block.

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:19:47 pm »

I have AVG internet security 2013,i have windows firewall disabled.
Hmm,it's weird.
Is there any way i can check if there's a firewall still active besides the one from AVG??
If this is the solution that i have some kind of third party firewall running in the background that would save me to do a fresh of Windows 7 (or 8)
other software i have running:
-AVG Tune up (this one does automatic optimisation of my pc in the background)
-Advanced system care 6
-malwarebytes anti-malware
-virtualbox

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 05:36:03 pm »

So i did found a test if you have a firewall running on this site https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

I took a screenshot of the result

http://flic.kr/p/e9zUcN

I did the test AFTER i disabled AVG internet security entirely.
I really don't know if this test is trustworthy and what could be running as firewall in the background besides AVG

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:49 am »

Ok since i don't find the cause of this problem (even in safe mode it doesnt work) i will have to do a re-install and this time i'm going for Windows 8 :p

Frederic Vandeputte

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 03:49:24 am »

Nevermind guys,i was fed up with this issue so i did a fresh install with Windows 8.
Well,let me tell ya IT SUCKS!!!
It's obviously build for tablets or touchscreen devices in general and you notice it.
So i went back to the old and trusty Windows 7 (wich is the best Windows since XP)
And guess what,everything works again.   ;D
This issue i had was a really weird and couldn't get my head around what was causing this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up