INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attempting to do clean install and purchase  (Read 1052 times)

PaulFrank

• Recent member
Attempting to do clean install and purchase
« on: April 09, 2013, 05:15:00 pm »

Hi folks,
I've been using the free trial. I had 2 days left. I want to do a clean install in another folder and purchase. Upon uninstalling, I left the previous feedback. I just tried to reinstall and purchase. IE will not download the program. I get a message stating that the program has a virus. Please advise.

PaulFrank

• Recent member
Re: Attempting to do clean install and purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »

I managed to do a new install. I found the JRiver Media Center in the download folder. Just made the purchase and have a registration code. Tried to install the license but no go. I get an error message stating "Media Center18-179667.mjr contained a virus and was deleted". Won't do a 'save as' either. Please help.:)

PaulFrank

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:53:58 pm »

Got it! Registered. Thanks.

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 01:17:41 am »

Just words of Wisdom.

Anti-Virus / Malware, etc.  Are not the infallible word of god.    THey often make egregious false-positive errors

PaulFrank

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:23:24 am »

True. But, after receiving the key by e-mail and installing it, a lot of stuff is screwed up in my computer this morning. Defender was down. Had to reinstall Security Essentials, and now Office won't function and wants to keep 'Configuring'. Just a coincidence?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 10:43:37 am »

True. But, after receiving the key by e-mail and installing it, a lot of stuff is screwed up in my computer this morning. Defender was down. Had to reinstall Security Essentials, and now Office won't function and wants to keep 'Configuring'. Just a coincidence?
Yes, it is a coincidence.  Do you use a registry cleaner?  If so, don't.

PaulFrank

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:28:41 pm »

Good. I don't use a registry cleaner. JRiver Media Center is a nice versatile program. That's why I bought it.:)

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if whatever happened to your system came through  Internet Explorer, or another  Microsoft entry-point.

But yeah,  I wouldn't worry unless suddenly find tons of users complaining about the same thing.  8)

Still, the fact your PC appears to be bonkers in some way is kind of concerning in general..   Maybe it was just a fluke and some stuff got corrupted,  but maybe you should look into running some reputable  Malware scanners too
Pages: [1]   Go Up