INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 1109 times)

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
2 Questions
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »

Is there a way when burning a disc (I create my favorite songs to play in my car) that you can get the sound levels to be all the same.  I find that the sound goes up and down making to adjust the volume

My second question, is there a way to log all of my LPs in MC for inventory purposes, so I know what I have, of course not to play on MC.

Skylar   ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:11:45 pm »

For #1, enable Volume Leveling (ie. using Replay Gain) for the burn, just as you would for playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

Re: your second question about tracking your LPs.

Generally MC wants to manage files, so you can create stump files that substitute for your LPs, and tag away.  You could create a bunch of text files, named in a format such as <Artist> - <Album>, and import these.  Then you can pull these fields from the filenames, and you'll have a catalog.  It is easy enough to create these files via script which reads from a sequence of titles.

Alternatively, you could create an MPL file that contains these fields.  The advantage of this is you have one file that can be imported, thus populating your entries (which will have no associated Filename).  I recently wrote a script to transform one exported database format into an MC-consumable MPL file.  It would be easy enough to convert, say a CSV speadsheet or other well-formatted text file into an MPL file (the format is trivial).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:03:53 pm »

How do you go from CSV to MPL.

Thanks, Skyplane

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 12:02:44 pm »

Sorry, I was away for a bit and didn't have the time to respond fully.

You'll need a script that reads the comma-separated values from the CSV file and outputs them to the XML format used in the MPL file.  An MPL is straightforward - examine one by exporting some files using File > Export Playlist and selecting the MPL format.

I've posted several scripts in the past couple of months that create MPLs (converted from some other format).  If you are interested in such a solution, and have a completed spreadsheet filled with some sample files and their desired fields, it is pretty straightforward to do, so I'll help you out.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up