INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST plugin problem  (Read 829 times)

sirkus

• World Citizen
VST plugin problem
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:18:14 pm »

Hello, I use Plogue Bidule for upmixing. I have 2 presets, one for stereo tracks and another one for multichannel tracks. But, I can't find a way to automatically switch from one preset to another. I have to manually load the preset from inside Bidule.

I have tried to create 2 zones, each with its own Bidule preset, but it doesn't work. It's the same preset in both zones.
I have tried to save using the "Program" field in VST screen of MC, but nothing is saved.

Added to that, it crash with Bidule, I need to disable the VST, start play and re-enable it. I use ASIO with my Lynx AES16, because WASAPI doesn't work.
Code: [Select]
8828500: 4036: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
8828500: 4036: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 33769, wParam: 196629480, lParam: 1
8828500: 4036: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: MCC: 10014, Param: 0

Do you think, one day, it will be possible to have multiple instance of a VST plugin with channel afectation in MC?

sirkus

• World Citizen
Re: VST plugin problem
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:26:48 pm »

I come back with this problem, because it's annoying. I have saved many logs, unfortunately, the exception message is different, but this one appeared few times:

Code: [Select]
0008437: 840: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0008437: 840: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 275, wParam: 16457, lParam: 1705987888

I have to deactivate Bidule before play and activate it after. After 3 to 10 times of start-deactivate-play-activate-crash cycles it works. Most of the time, once it works, I have no problems. I can do what I want, if I don't close MC.
Another thing to notice, is that sometimes it crashes when MC loose focus, even if Bidule is not activated. I wonder if it hasn't something to do with graphics?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: VST plugin problem
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »

You might consider using Parametric Equalizer.  It's built in so should be rock-solid, and supports any number of filters that target any channels.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up