INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding album to shuffled playlists  (Read 756 times)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Adding album to shuffled playlists
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:22:41 am »

I have some very long playlists – over 2000 tracks at times – and cannot find a way to execute one particular way of updating. Those playlists are already shuffled, and they can take several days to get through (that’s the idea in this case). If I want to add one or more album to them, how can I send the new tracks to the playlist so that they are mixed in, but without reshuffling the rest. As an example: if I have a playlist that has tracks 123456789 and I want to add the ABCD album, how can I get 12A34B5C678D9?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Adding album to shuffled playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:18:23 pm »

I can't think of a way to do this (easily anyway).

Playing Now is an ordered sequence.  Additional files can be added at the end, and their sequence numbers continue from the last existing sequence value, or can be added after the current track.  You're looking to get some sort of insertion, where the sequence numbers are ripped down, leaving holes, and new tracks inserted into those holes.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Re: Adding album to shuffled playlists
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »

That's exactly what I meant and you're probably right that there is no automatic way of doing this. Placing each track manually is probably the only way. It's too bad though, but maybe I'm the only one who would use such a tool!
Pages: [1]   Go Up