INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New LAV Filters 0.56.1  (Read 1703 times)

Nascar Dog

• Recent member
New LAV Filters 0.56.1
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:57:07 pm »

I installed the latest LAV Filters 0.56.1 and discovered I cannot click on the audio or video icons in the task bar to view the filter info.
The 0.55.3 filters allowed me to view the filter properties while watching a movie.
Right now, if you do not have any LAV filters installed, Media Center auto installs the 0.55.3 filters.

Are you going to integrate the newer 0.56.1 filters into Media Center 18?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New LAV Filters 0.56.1
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:05:59 pm »

We always update, but we sometimes wait a few days.

Nascar Dog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »

We always update, but we sometimes wait a few days.

Have you noticed the problem I described above?

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

I have been using 0.56.1 without any issues in MC18 so far. I add LAV Audio and LAV Video via the "Advanced - Custom" option rather than "Red October HQ" though, because I need to use LAV's DXVA2 Copy-Back in MC rather than CUVID, which it defaults to.

CUVID is the slowest hardware acceleration option for Nvidia, activates deinterlacing when it should not be, introduces artefacts due to decoding errors, wastes energy by forcing the card into its highest power state, and for me it is unstable when running inside MC - though it's fine in other players.

Anyway, if you are only using ROHQ, you don't have access to LAV's settings because they are auto-configured. If you add them via "Advanced - Custom" you can configure them via the DirectShow Filters menu.

Nascar Dog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »

In 0.55.3 I could view the audio channels under the Status tab whether I used RO or ROHQ
I know I cannot change anything because it is auto-configured (As indicated in the window header)
It was a nice option to see all the audio channel levels in real time.

With 0.56.1 I cannot do this anymore.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 02:59:56 pm »

It seems that the tray icon was allowing you to bring up the LAV Audio properties even though they should not have been accessible when auto-configured by Media Center, and that has now been fixed in 0.56.1

If you set it up via "Advanced - Custom" rather than one of the Red October presets, are you able to access it again via the tray icon? (I don't use the tray icons and would rather not have them clutter up the tray icon history)

Nascar Dog

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 03:28:25 pm »

It seems that the tray icon was allowing you to bring up the LAV Audio properties even though they should not have been accessible when auto-configured by Media Center, and that has now been fixed in 0.56.1

If you set it up via "Advanced - Custom" rather than one of the Red October presets, are you able to access it again via the tray icon? (I don't use the tray icons and would rather not have them clutter up the tray icon history)

I tried the "Advanced - Custom" scenario and that did not help.
The LAV items were grayed out under DirectShow Filters and the LAV tray icons were there but not accessible.

I will just stick with 0.55.3 for now   :)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »

Indeed, that was a bug. The MC auto-configuration does disable tray icons, but if the user had them enabled in the global config, the disable wouldn't go through.

If you want access to LAVs settings, i suggest you install them separately and setup an Advanced mode in MC18 and select LAV as Video/Audio decoders there, its the only way.

PS:
All this audio status information, and more, is available in MC18 in much greater detail.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up