INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right-click delay when running video through a Recevier  (Read 1207 times)

Nascar Dog

• Recent member
Right-click delay when running video through a Recevier
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:30:07 am »

When running Media Center 18 on my HTPC (or any other PC) and viewing on the computer display (Not going through a Receiver) I can right-click on the screen and the menu appears instantly.  That is what you would expect.

Trying this when the video is going through my Yamaha RX-A1000 Receiver to either my Pioneer Elite KURO or Panasonic PT-AE4000, there is a 3-5 second delay before the right-click action produces a pop-up menu.

Note: Using ZOOM Media Player or XBMC through my receiver shows no delays at all.

Is anyone that runs the video through a receiver seeing this issue?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Right-click delay when running video through a Recevier
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:41 am »

If you're using Red October HQ (with madVR), you may get some delay as it leaves exclusive mode.  You could try Red October Standard to see if that's it.  You might try the OSD (up / down / left / right) for something that works better with madVR exclusive.

Another approach would be to send us your PT-AE4000 for testing.  I think with a couple years of testing it in my theater, I could figure out a solution :P
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Nascar Dog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:15 am »

If you're using Red October HQ (with madVR), you may get some delay as it leaves exclusive mode.  You could try Red October Standard to see if that's it.  You might try the OSD (up / down / left / right) for something that works better with madVR exclusive.

Another approach would be to send us your PT-AE4000 for testing.  I think with a couple years of testing it in my theater, I could figure out a solution :P

I see the problem with Red October Standard or HQ
It just seems odd that the delay is only there when going through a receiver.  No delay at all when viewed on the computer screen.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:57 pm »

Does your computer monitor only support 60Hz? Even when I have disabled madVR's exclusive mode, I see a delay when right-clicking if the refresh rate has changed - and sometimes I have to left click first as if MC had lost focus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up