INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something went wrong with playback  (Read 4573 times)

mikeyevs

Something went wrong with playback
« on: April 17, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

Hello forum

Please could you help.

I have swapped from Audiovarna (which just worked) to JRiver for Mac (which just does not).

When I try to play a song I get an error message which says "playback could not be started on the output core audio using the format..." and then the Khz, bits and channels which pertain to any given song.

The message goes on to say... "the output format may not be supported by your hardware, you can use dsp studio to change the output to a compatible format.

Also make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device, that is properly configured in playback options."

I am trying to use the usb port into a dac to play FLAC files.

As I said, Audiovarna works seamlessly with no configuration through the usb to DAC, and even iTunes works with no issues - Help!

Many thanks

Mike

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Something went wrong with playback
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »

Welcome.

Try picking the correct output device in Options > Audio > Output mode settings... (instead of letting it route to the default).

Does that help?

If not, what device are you using?

Thanks.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mikeyevs

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »

Hi Matt - thank you for your reply.

I have the answer.

I am using a fairly old macbook and in the DPS studio I had to change all of the outputs to a maximum 96,000hz or I got no playback and the error message.

If I upgrade my mac to say a 2013 Mac Mini would it output a higher sample rate?

Mike

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 03:00:14 pm »

I am using a fairly old macbook and in the DPS studio I had to change all of the outputs to a maximum 96,000hz or I got no playback and the error message.

If I upgrade my mac to say a 2013 Mac Mini would it output a higher sample rate?

It's totally dependent on your audio output hardware (DAC).

Some really great DACs only go to 96kHz.  MC has an audiophile grade resampler for things at a higher rate, so my advice would be just to enjoy the sound.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up