INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OFF TOPICS to Charlemagne8  (Read 3094 times)

zevele1

OFF TOPICS to Charlemagne8
« on: March 30, 2002, 05:44:30 am »

Hello!
How do you deal with SHN?
I found the plugin for WinAmp.But there is no need.In fact you can play or convert a full concert at once with Shorten[softsound.com[.And NHS has NOT a good sound,far from it
I got Blueground Underground concerts.They are in wav no.I will give a try to MPC format
To download i used GetRight.Set on "do not start downloads"Like it you can be sure you had click all the songs,and you can check it
Convert SHN to WAV is very fast
Here a place of interest; www.furthurnet.com.Beta but works fine.But VERY slow donloads.
And only one download at the time put you computer on the knees
Have an happy Easter

listening to Fugazi live 05-04-95 on SHN format-not with MediaJukebox-sorry

In fact it looks like downloading SHN from any places is very slow.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:OFF TOPICS to Charlemagne8
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 08:49:53 am »

zevele10

Don't sound like anything is getting better over there
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2002, 09:30:09 am »

as you say.I was on my way to a concert in a small club.And BOUM!Back home  and nothing to say cause i do not know what to say

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 09:35:23 am »

The Girl Bomber at the supermarket looked pretty, it is ashame her mind was corrupted
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 09:38:12 am »

King you need update.Was another bomb one hour ago in Tel-Aviv.This one i was not far

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2002, 09:48:17 am »

>> Was another bomb one hour ago in Tel-Aviv
i know, I am watching it on TV now

I would hate to live in a place that has so much violence.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2002, 09:54:19 am »

It is not easy,i can tell you.
But remember the of topics post not long ago,what i said
Just saw on israelien site that the ones behind the assassination of a minister not long ago are in fact with arafat in his office.They army informed that they will attack arafat's office in one hour to get them
They may kill him,who knows?I stay dress,ready to celebrate in the street if yes

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2002, 10:01:24 am »

>> They may kill him,who knows?
this may be a bad thing, but if so i can understand
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2002, 10:03:17 am »

why president Bush,CNN use 'she' about Israel?A country is not neutral in english?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2002, 10:25:00 am »

I did here it

For Me (I Think) "She" Is Often Used In English To Refer To A Respectable Country, A Country With Honor, A Proud Country.

Also Like A Ship And England Is Referred To As “She” Not Sure Why But I Think It Has Some Type Of Reference To Honor.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Michael Horton

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2002, 10:56:31 am »

To the Russians, their country is Mother Russia. Do Germans still refer to Deutschland as the "Fatherland"? They used to. Are countries gender specific in Hebrew? If so, would Israel be masculine or feminine? Countries are usually neutral in English, but we do honor material objects that we cherish by the use of the feminine pronoun (e.g. "She's a beaut'" when referring to a car, boat, airplane, or whathaveyou). So, I think that I'd use the feminine pronoun when addressing Israel, if the sentence structure called for it.

zevele1

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2002, 11:37:55 am »

We do not have neutral in hebrew.Country is feminine so  we use feminine  for all countrys
In french ,there is no neutral as well.But there is both genders to countrys
LA France=femine LE portugal=masculine Les USA=pluriel.And you speak about a country according to what you put before his name

I,and many more like germans,have a problem.A word masculine in french or german is feminine in hebreuw...........
For anglos[as we say here]much easy,you just learn if it is fe.. or masc....
But to make an anglo understand that"etzel" is aking to 's..good luck.In french we do not have 's,so we understand "etzel" fast
EVERYTHING has a gender in hebrew.There is 'I 'masc,'I 'fem..Same for "am"."mine"
I can tell you that it is not easy.Beside this i am not more than fluent minus in hebrew.
I do not read or writte.Only if i have to
I never buy a newspaper,a book in hebrew

Beside this i was downloading a lot of stuff.Since the bomb ,anyone on the web and i surf like a slow modem 56kps.................

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2002, 02:09:34 pm »

I have not tried to use any SHN files, yet. I still have a 56K modem so I don't usually try large downloads. As it is, it takes about 20 minutes to download a MJ upgrade. That's from within MJ which is a smaller file. Whenever DSL becomes available here, I'm on it like a duck on a junebug ... like ugly on an ape ... and some others that are sure to get deleted if I print them here.

As far as the other horrible, terrible stuff goes, I am at a loss as to what to say. I both wish I could empathize and am glad I can't. It must be a very difficult way to live. I don't live in Israel and you (Z10) are the only person I have ever talked to that does or did. Our country is less insulated than it was 7 months ago (or at least our perception of insulation) but even now we are very fortunate in our remaining insulation. I really have no idea what it would be like to know that there were people around me that wanted to kill me just because of where I live and how I chose to worship.

Mostly I get really confused about the political situation in that area. In any area for that matter. When I was a kid, we were taught to hide under our desks in case of a nuclear attack and that the Russians were our bitter enemies. The people down the road built a bomb shelter. In the late eighties, Saddam Hussein was an ally but Arafat was a terrorist. I have a rubber Halloween mask that looks like Arafat. A very short time ago, Arafat was the best hope for peace and had some political status and Hussein was our bitter enemy. Now Arafat is on the other side again. And I, in my complacent, insulated ignorance, am completely lost. What happened? What is REALLY going on?

No one really needs to explain (unless you want to). I would probably not understand.

Karolus VIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Harry|PLS|the|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2002, 08:04:47 pm »

<>
CVIII:

Au contraire....its critical that you do, although I suspect none of us really can.

We're slaves of history....the most autocratic of all the influences that make us what we are. In some measure, even though my family has been here since 1878, I'm welded to the Holocaust. Only an accident of birth kept me out of the ovens. So, I'm not an objective observer.

And the Israelis feel this much more proximately than I ever can. Many of them come from societies that at best marginalize them, and at worst expose them to substantial brutality.
No matter how I distrust their political culture, or deride their foreign policy (and I do), in the final analysis, I understand empathetically that they are exposed by simple virtue of being Jews. And I can integrate that into my own environment, because - thanks to the mindlessness of Islamic terror - I have a bulls-eye on my back too, even though I'm a thoroughly deracinated and integrated American. That's not my doing; someone else has attached that target to me. Just listen to some of the garbage spilling outof the Islamic world - blood libels, Mossad dsetroying the WTC....

The Palestinians have a radically different history. They remember the orange groves of Jaffa, an idyllic vision of what life was like before there ever was a Jewish state there. They have their own legitimate beefs. They have been ignored and humiliated, interned and treated as vassals. The Likud policy of inserting settlements of revanchist Israelis into largely Arabic areas has stymied the peace process for over 20 years. So has the Israeli political system: it is based on a parliamentary infrastructure that gives disproportionate voice to splinter parties, destabilizing every government for the last 20-25 years. In its own way, the Israeli political environment is as dangerous and unreliable as any Arab government. The Arabs remember the betrayal (their view) of the Weitzman Declaration from the Brits 'looking with favor towards the establishment of a national homeland in Palestine for the Jewish people'. What about the established population? Remember how the Brits and most of the Western world looked at the indigenous population in 1918 - a bunch of rootlessss tribes wandering around  a desert wasteland. So, no attention was paid to their national identity and burgeoning aspirations.

Well, what happened? Vicious ethnic riots against the small Jewish population, in 1929 and again in 1936-1938; the Mufti of Jerusalem supporting Germany and the Axis powers in WWII; the Stern Gang blowing up the King David Hotel in 1947; cycles of violence, each being justified by what preceded it, and that in turn being justified by its own antecedents. And the present Israeli government justifiying the raid on Ramallah because of the terror attacks by the suicide bombers. And the suicide bombers pointing to the checkpoints, and the miserable refugee camps in Gaza, etc.....and each of them nursing their own grievances and history in a way that is mutually-exclusive of the other.

So you ask yourself how can it ever end? These peoples in my view (a disillusioned dove) are incapable of forging a meaningful peace. Not with history poisoning any dialogue. The hatred is now bred in the bone. Should we ignore them? No, and that's not an entirely emotional answer. Remember, Israel possesses nuclear weapons, and the Arab governments maintain only the most shaky hold on their own population. If the US and the EU don't throw a blanket over this situation somehow, there are a number of things that could happen. The principal danger is that the inchoate anger in the Arab/Islamic street can lead to destabilization of the local governments, and ascendancy to power of radical regimes that are heedles of the underlying risks, and will launch direct attacks on Israel at any cost.

What's the risk? Think back to some of Zevele's posts: the notion of revenge, the refusal to 'bend the knee'. I suspect he's not in a fringe group. This looks like the Apocalypse to most Israelis. They've faced it before, and aren't going to go quietly this time. Before they'll permit any frontal attack on their national existence, they'll vaporize Bagdhad or Cairo. Just as jihad in some form is inculcated in Islamic culture, the notion of Masada - an Okinawa-like fortress which sacrificed its occupants to a defense of the state - is now inculcated in Israeli culture. Particularly after the lessons of WWII. Also keep in mind that for better or worse the Islamic world thinks that the US and Israel are joined at the hip, and will attack US interests and citizens quite promiscuously, as they did on 9-11.

So, what do you do? The options range from very bad to horrible. My own opinion is that the US and the EU have to impose a Pax Romana on the warring parties, using a combination of inducements, threats and maybe brute force - some combination of a contiguous Palestinian state with some nominal presence in Jerusalem (disarmed-clearly they can't be trusted with armaments all over the place); an international force to keep them from one another's throats, with a significant US presence (I know, very distasteful but the Israelis have a profound mistrust of the Europeans and with good reason); and emphasis on moving the Middle eastern regimes towards meaningulf reform.  Buy some time while you inveigle the combatants to refocus on developing their own internal structures. And forget about the right of return. You're not about to have a welcome to the neighborhood block party for folks who were blowing your kinsmen up a fortnight ago.

This is a Mexican standoff, and one we need to deal with. Nothing else that's important to this administration - the war on terror, resolving the Iraqui situation - can progress until this is defused. Not resolved, because they probably won't be in my lifetime, but simply stabilized. Without stabilization, we can't induce the local regimes to address the conditions that seem to breed these problems. And radical religious fundamentalism will not be defused as a moving force in these societies until there is some life for the mass of the people beyond what little their governments now provide them - and sending their youth off to blow themselves up in the interest of killing others.

Sorry for the length. Your question deserved an answer, no matter how biased the source. Interested in hearing other views.

HTH

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2002, 03:04:59 am »

Fitting conversation for this time of year.

HTH,
Well said.  Thanks for the trouble you took to put the details down.  It's too bad that this sort of information isn't more widely discussed.

C8,
I remember the under-the-desk drill and shudder to think about it.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2002, 04:24:50 am »

The Problem with the Palestinians and the Jewish people is sort of the same as Racial Hatred.

It all comes from the parents, friends, etc... I am sure if the same people (Kids) would have grown up in a different environment they would not feel the same way about each other.

There is always going to be feelings of revenge no matter where you live, but this is way out there.

As we speak another bomber exploded 4 in 5 days
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2002, 04:50:25 am »

Now another bomber kills, two bombs today

Where And When does this end.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2002, 05:04:00 am »

This morning when i saw the long and exellent HTH post,i said that i will have to post a long one.On the top of it,not against it
I was 50 kilometers from Tel-aviv to give money to the man who do all our tiling job
He is an israeli arab leaving in a arab town
We had lunch in an arab restaurant.We know very well the owner.This to show you that it is not only hate in the game.Last week one of the bomber did it in an autobus running trought many arabs towns.Most of the victims been arabs,not jews
I just want to tell fews words,keep it in mind,try to understand it

We had as terrible attacks when Rabin was prime minister.Just after Oslo.And Rabin was driving hight speed toward peace or agrement
There is nothing we can do.They, INCLUDE ARAFAT FROM THE FIRST MINUTE,do not want peace,land,Jerusalem.To get this will not stop the problem
They just want to destroy us
You may say.ok,them is not me,i can go to sleep
They want to destroy ANYONE who is not an islamic.Include others arabs.I do not think they speak that much about Algeria in us news.Was thousand and thousand people murdered.And in the more barbaric ways.This people  murdered all arabs,and for most of them mosque goers

Now ,in the US you start to understand it.You paid a very hight price for the lesson
But in Europe with F#### France leading,they do not understand,not yet

If there international keeping forces here-can be now- they will kill them.Remember my words
They will blow up themself againts french,german,us,senegal  peace keeping forces

As a jew i say that nazisme was a joke if you compare to this people.I writte this words beeing very quiet and calm,and giving full sense to this sentence

Here ,we are fine ,NEVER on ours knee.Sure we will get UN forces soon.Until them we will destroy the most of terrorisme structures,maybe kill arafat.AT ANY PRICE FOR THE PEOPLE ON THE OTHER SIDE
WE do not have hate.Because of it we are stronger on the long run.We just defense ourself
Stop for this post

Charlemagne 8
My next post will be for you about Blueground Undergrass

zevele1

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2002, 05:11:31 am »

King
WE DO NOT HAVE HATE.NO ONE here is growing kids learning to hate others
Just after Oslo was pictures of Rabin/arafat in White House,with King Hussien in every class rooms
We had one hour a week FROM KINDER GARDENS TO HIGHT SCHOOLS about peace process,new relations and so on

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2002, 05:37:32 am »

>> NO ONE here is growing kids learning to hate others
Palestinians do

no matter if it is school taught or muttered behind closed doors the result is the same.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2002, 08:46:28 am »

Harry,
Thanks for 'splainin'. I really did want someone to fill me in.

Z,
All I can do is cry ... and that is not a pretty sight.

CVIII

Listening to: 'Pig in a Pen -- Old Joe Clark' from 'Live from Harvest Festival, GA' by 'Blueground Undergrass' on Media Jukebox
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2002, 08:59:24 am »

Zev,
Go here. http://www.zap-mama.com/

Even if you don't like Zap Mama, the website is cool. And it's in French, also.

http://www.zap-mama.com/biography/bio_3.html

Listening to: 'iko iko' by 'Zap Mama' on Media Jukebox

KVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele1

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2002, 09:04:11 am »

Carolus you are here ,so this post for you
If you have modem 56 .SHN is a no go.Not only the files are big,but very slow to download
With SHN i got speed from 5K/s to maximum 50K/s
At the same time  mp3 from Emusic run at 220-300 K/s
Concerning Blueground Undergrass,if MPC is ok to you i will send you a cd with the concerts
Feel free to say yes.I will put it on cd for me,so to do 2 is not a problem
I have to start again cause i downloaded few concerts in a row,and there is no tags.I am just lost in a middle of a mess
Concerning tags,what is better? To tag the WAV ?or the MPC?Knowing that you cannot tag the SHN

zevele1

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2002, 09:19:52 am »

Where did you get "iko iko" i do not see it?
It is only short streamings,or i miss something?
How did you reach this site?
Pages: [1]   Go Up