INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 settings w/ oppo as renderer?  (Read 2740 times)

winstonjones99

MC 18 settings w/ oppo as renderer?
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »

Macmini running mc18 under Win8 under parallels.  MC 18 can see the oppo, it comes up under Playing now but when i choose a song the oppo's onscreen just constantly shows buffering.  Mc 18 will show the same as it will try to play for about 10 seconds and then move to the next song and so on.
Coud someone help me troubleshoot? 
Thanks for reading

gmeardi

• Recent member
Re: MC 18 settings w/ oppo as renderer?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »

I've seen this "buffering problem" when trying to render multichannel HD tracks (something like 24/96/6chn that uses around 8Mbps).  Even if my home network is wired with gigabit ethernet...

I think there's a problem that Oppo has to fix in firmware, in better managing network cache: after about 30 sec the track exits buffering and starts, but every now and then I obtain some jumps in the audio...

For the rest... the Oppo 105 is really excellent!

winstonjones99

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

Macmini running mc18 under Win8 under parallels.  MC 18 can see the oppo, it comes up under Playing now but when i choose a song the oppo's onscreen just constantly shows buffering.  Mc 18 will show the same as it will try to play for about 10 seconds and then move to the next song and so on.
Coud someone help me troubleshoot? 
Thanks for reading

Update:  I gave up on the windows version and installed the Mac version.  I am able to push to the 103 w/jriver and pull from jriver with the 103. This is what I wanted.

I had also installed plex and it shows up under the jriver tree on the left and I don't understand why?
Does jriver require something like plex or oShare to share via DNLA? It's still early in the game for me but jriver seems to be utilizing Plex somehow?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:56:27 am »

Does jriver require something like plex or oShare to share via DNLA? It's still early in the game for me but jriver seems to be utilizing Plex somehow?
No.  MC uses DLNA that JRiver wrote.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:32:30 am »

I had also installed plex and it shows up under the jriver tree on the left and I don't understand why?

Do you mean in the Playing Now tree?

This will show all DLNA servers and renderers on your network so if your Plex installation is either a DLNA server or a renderr it will show up in JRiver as either an external libray to play from or an external renderer to play to.

winstonjones99

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:53 am »

Do you mean in the Playing Now tree?

This will show all DLNA servers and renderers on your network so if your Plex installation is either a DLNA server or a renderr it will show up in JRiver as either an external libray to play from or an external renderer to play to.

Thanks, yes it looks as though it is showing as an external library. 

Now I have just tried gizmo  on my iPad with some success as in I can control playback from the iPad.  I can tell it to play out of the computer audio out or play on the iPad.  Now if could make it play, via gizmo/ipad to my oppo 103 I will have come a long way. The oppo 103 appears on both devices, the Mac with jriver and the iPad w/gizmo. I can push to the oppo from the Mac/jriver or pull from the Mac/jriver via the oppo onscreen UI. 

The oppo shows up on iPad under gizmo as a player/play to option and I can select the oppo and select a song but it will not play.  Any ideas? I get a little closer everyday!
Pages: [1]   Go Up