INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting from MusicMatchJB 7.1  (Read 1427 times)

alcibiades

converting from MusicMatchJB 7.1
« on: March 30, 2002, 05:03:53 am »

I not been able to view the NOTES section of my MusicMatchJukeBox ID track info with MJB 8
I have also not been able to view the MOOD, TEMPO, and SITUATION data from MP3s imported from MusicMatchJukeBox.

Is there any way for MJB to extract this info from MusicMatchJukeBox created Mp3s?

Harry|PLS|the|PLS|Hipster

RE:converting from MusicMatchJB 7.1
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 05:52:39 am »

What are the export playlist options in MM? Can you export the equivalent of an MPL playlist?

MPL is one of the associations available to MJ in Options>File Associations, but MM uses different fields (apparently) so I don't know what would happen if you tried to import the MM playlist. You could try setting up a clone of your existing library through MJ's File>Library Manager, import the MM MPL into the clone, see what happens, if it screws things up, just dump the clone and revert to your original library.

Just riffing on this; haven't tried it myself.

HTH

alcibiades

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2002, 01:37:05 am »

The NOTES, MOOD, TEMPO, and SITUATION data are stored somewhere in the MP3 made by MusicMatchJuke Box.  Is there a way to view this data through MJ?   Is there a general MP3 viewer which can find/extract written data from a MP3??

Darwyn

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 09:57:11 am »

This is in reference to ID3V2 enhanced tagging. All of those extras along with Lyrics and Album covers, in fact multiple pictures (i.e. the disc image, jewel case obverse, all the pages on the booklet) can be stored with the ID3V2 tag. Musicmatch only allows for one photo.

This is merely an issue for the program writer to choose to further the ID3V2 capabilities of Media Jukebox.
After all Winamp only supports about 10% of fields.

alcibiades

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2002, 05:50:55 pm »

Are there any plans to enhance the ID3V2 capabilities of MJ8(or beyond) so that all MusicMatchJukeBOx ID3V2 info(NOTES, MOOD, TEMPO, SITUATION) can be viewed?

AlfredoG

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 10:37:48 am »

I am in the same situation.  After reviewing all the Plus functions in MJ7.2|PLS| I loved it so much, that I immediately wanted to swith over from MusicMatch Jukebox.  I have several thousand (~6000|PLS|) of MP3s on MusicMatch, nicely organized using the ID3V2 tags including Tempo, Mood, and Notes.  To my dismay I found that MJ7|PLS| only supports ID3V1, the cover art and the Lyrics tag.  That's it.  I had hopes that the new MJ8 version will support ID3V2, but reading through these postings, I more encouraged.  
Maybe we need to stay with MusicMatch until the MJ folks have the time to add in the ID3V2.  That's what I'll do.

AG.

Hipperholme

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2002, 01:26:38 pm »

Ok Guys I use a version of MJ 5.0 dont laugh but back in these days issues of ID Tags werent terrific for example the comments field screws up and so on I pasted all the bumff such as track data into the Lyrics field etc - it seems nobody has given ID Tags any thought after all it takes ages to amass a lot of the stuff MJ * should have moved On  ????

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2002, 01:34:21 pm »

>> Ok Guys I use a version of MJ 5.0 dont laugh
Sorry I Can't help It.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

alcibiades

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2002, 06:50:47 pm »

Will MJ 8 be able to read MusicMatchJB ID3V2 tags.  I also have 5-6K mp3s laboriously coded with MusicMatchJB3 ID3V2 tags.  I am not about to recode them manually into MJ's format. Can a convert program be developed which converts MusicMatchJukeBox mp3s(with all the various ID3V2 tags) into MJ format??

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2002, 09:01:28 am »

Just to clarify, MJ does support ID3V2, but you have to set the switch for it in settings/options.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up