INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 17 crash when using smartlist with tracks above "x" mn  (Read 1236 times)

VincentD

MC 17 crash when using smartlist with tracks above "x" mn
« on: April 21, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »

Hello

I am running MC17, together with J Play, on a CAPS V2 server. The set up includes Windows 7 64 bits, 4 Go of RAM, 2 TB external hard drives connected via USB and a M2 tech Hiface connected to the DAC via AES/EBU. I have searched the forum but unfortunately did not find the answer

When I play smartlists in MC, MC stops playing after a while. More precisely, MC cannot switch tracks when it meets tracks that last more than a given number of minutes (I can't be 100% sure but I think that the limit above which it stops playing is 10 mn). MC not only stops, it also crashes. When I get that type of problem , I get the message "MC17 does not answer". I need to close it and re-open it. Needless to say that everything works fine when I play the files in a different manner.

Could that be linked to the buffering ? Is that kind of problem solved in MC18 (I saw a track change issue that was fixed but I wonder whether this is the same issue)?

thks for the help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 17 crash when using smartlist with tracks above "x" mn
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 05:42:16 pm »

Uninstall jplay.  It is a hoax. 

VincentD

Re: MC 17 crash when using smartlist with tracks above "x" mn
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 03:05:46 am »

Thank you Jim for your answer. I will try that and report the changes.

PS: I don't know whether J play is a hoax but it is true that so far I did not manage to hear any difference...
Pages: [1]   Go Up