INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA DMR: navigation Library by folder structure  (Read 7815 times)

JusticeAngel

• Recent member
DLNA DMR: navigation Library by folder structure
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:35:52 am »

Hi,

I use JRiver Media Center 18, running on Windows 8 64 bit, like Digital Media Renderer which play content received from DLNA TwonkyServer running on a QNAP NAS.

I want to navigate the Library by folder structure and not for audio file tags: I'd like a custom view by directory list and not for artists, albums, ect...

It is possible and how?

Thanks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DLNA DMR: navigation Library by folder structure
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:42:48 am »

Here is a nice easy way.

1) Make sure you have "Disk Location" view in Std View.  If not right click on "Audio" --> Add Library View and Select the Disk Location template
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:03 am »

2. Now add the view to you DLNA Profile.  Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Add or configure DLNA Server --> (highlight the DLNA Server you want to add the Disk View to) --> Customise Views  --> (highlight Audio) --> Add --> Library Item From Standard View --> Audio\Disk Location

see pic!
JRiver CEO Elect

JusticeAngel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:21:57 am »

Hi jmone and thanks.

In the Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Add or configure DLNA Servers I don't have Twonky Server running on my NAS, which acts as a DLNA server.

(see attachment).

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 02:43:40 am »

Sorry - I read it wrong.  This was how to use MC as the DLNA server not Twonky.  I have no idea how to config Twonky - you may want to check on their forum.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 02:51:29 am »

I should say that it is up to the DLNA server on how to present the content, hence you would have to config Twonky to present it this way.  Another option is not to use Twonky or even DLNA at all but just point MC at the content and use it directly as part of your MC Library.
JRiver CEO Elect

JusticeAngel

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 03:07:39 am »

The navigation by folder structure is already configured in Twonky Server.

The attached picture is the foobar UPnP Browser panel of my Twonky Server DLNA and is the behavior that would achieve in JRiver.

It is possible?

csimon

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:23 am »

If Foobar is seeing it this way then JRiver should be seeing it too.

You *are* connecting JRiver to the Twonky DLNA server aren't you, and not browsiung JRiver's own library?

You need to make sure you have selected Twonky in the Playing From menu.

JusticeAngel

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:51:58 am »

I don't know how to get the navigation of the library by folder structure, via DLNA, in JRiver, that's why I ask  ;)

I have selected Twonky Server in "Playing Now" section (see attachement): what should I do to see the folder structure?

Thanks.

csimon

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 05:00:16 am »

Well, I'm, not sure what's going wrong here. It looks like Twonky is slected correctly in Playing From, but what you should see in the Audio menu is what Twonky is sending.  From your Foobar screenshot, you have your menus configured in Twonky in your own language, i.e. Artista. I think this is what you should be seeing in Audio in JRiver.

Are you absolutely sure that Twonky is configured correctly?  Perhaps it is Foobar that is interpreting your library in a folder structure?

You could try customising the view to remove the Name and Artist columns and add folder and filename as columns instead. Try right-clicking on the column headings and try right-clicking on the View name (Disk Location) and customise it.

JusticeAngel

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 05:18:11 am »

You could try customising the view to remove the Name and Artist columns and add folder and filename as columns instead. Try right-clicking on the column headings and try right-clicking on the View name (Disk Location) and customise it.

In the column headings there is nothing that refers to the folder, only to filename (see attachment).

"Customize View" I think that is the right direction, but I can not find anything to achieve folder structure.

Thanks csimon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up