INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy way to do this? Alternate between JR volume control & ASIO  (Read 959 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen

What I'm trying to address are 2 different listening situations.

Currently I am using the ASIO driver with my 2-ch Preamp/DAC in my listening room to great effect. I'm using JRiver 18 on my music server which pulls from my NAS & is connected to the preamp/DAC via USB. However, I also want to use the server to send music to 2 additional zones. To do this I must go from my preamp into my surround processor which then distributes to the additional zones. In this scenario I will  need to send the digital audio from JRiver/server to my Oppo 105 then onto the Lexicon for distribution. Since I will not be in the main listening room but in one of the other 2 zones, I will want to use the Volume control in JRiver. Other than Changing settings each time I want to use multizones are there any other options? JRive is quite flexible and i seem to learn something nexw all the time. I'm hoping theres an idea I'm not aware of that will make this more easily achieved.

Thanks.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Easy way to do this? Alternate between JR volume control & ASIO
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »

You can create two zones in JRiver. Each zone can have its own settings including volume control and audio output mode. You can read about Zones and ZoneSwitch in the wiki.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Easy way to do this? Alternate between JR volume control & ASIO
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:09 pm »

You can create two zones in JRiver. Each zone can have its own settings including volume control and audio output mode. You can read about Zones and ZoneSwitch in the wiki.

Thx Mojave. Since posting I discovered this function. This provides so many possibilities. Great software!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up