INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new Audiofile profile setup.  (Read 1564 times)

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
The new Audiofile profile setup.
« on: April 22, 2013, 11:48:13 pm »

During the initial setup of the Media Network and using the newly implemented Audiophile 24-bit dac profile (THANK You), there is an option to effectively establish 'ownership' of the link between the DAC and the JRiver servers.

The nomenclature is a bit vague but once a choice is made it can't be 'un-made' in that it never comes back as a choice to try the other option.  Yes I have shut down the media servers, restarted the Mac in every combination I can think of.  Which leads me to ask where is this preference data stored?

This choice (who owns the network) may or may not effect the efficacy of the digital link between 'server' and 'served' but ever since I chose the other option (I don't remember which one) the transfer of album art and track info is intermittent at best.

Now this isn't to say that it is the CAUSE nor even a contributing factor, mostly because I can't test for it.  IOW since I can't try reversing 'ownership' of the network I can't be sure.  And this bug may be rectified soon anyway, so this request may be moot.

BUT when the DAC finally does appear as an option in the player portion of the left hand control window (it usually takes many minutes as in 10 or so), this player runs 'better' if I don't activate the 'LinkZone'  'Link to Player' option.  There are fewer (as in almost none) pauses between tracks and other aberrant behavior.

Keep up the good work this is getting better all the time. :thumb

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: The new Audiofile profile setup.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »

You can uncheck and recheck the 'Enable Media Network' box at the top of Options > Media Network to run the wizard again.

It's configuring the same things you can get to with Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:40 pm »

Been there, done that, no joy.  I still cant access assignment of server ownership.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:35:18 pm »

I still cant access assignment of server ownership.

Could you describe in more detail what you mean?  Use exact words from the program where possible.

Thanks.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »

When in Media Network > Options > after re-starting the network (checking 'Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA') and 'Audiophile 24-bit DAC' is chosen, the 'wizard' begins.

Initially (as in the very first time) when the wizard runs, a screen pops up enabling a choice of 'ownership' of the network (as in master-slave) to either the computer (Mac) or the remote device (DAC).  I can't remember where in the sequence this screen pops up, nor can I remember what the specific language used is, because it only happens once.

If I could surgically remove the file that stores this 'wizard profile' info I could reset this function and take notes…  But I'd rather not shot gun ALL of the background support files just to get at this one item.  Mostly because while I don't have 30K of tracks I do have enough to create considerable busy work which I have done a few times already.

JJ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 03:04:01 pm »

Initially (as in the very first time) when the wizard runs, a screen pops up enabling a choice of 'ownership' of the network (as in master-slave) to either the computer (Mac) or the remote device (DAC).  I can't remember where in the sequence this screen pops up, nor can I remember what the specific language used is, because it only happens once.

I don't think that's a JRiver dialog.  Maybe it's an OSX system thing when listening starts on a port.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:09:04 pm »

That may be, but I've never seen it before using MC. 

And it occurs in the middle of the wizard before it finishes and runs the server setup.  AND I remember seeing this same 'ownership' choice dialog box pop up in an earlier version before this wizard was added to the program.

JJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up