INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver doesn't acknowledge my install... [Windows problem, now solved]  (Read 2085 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen

...and indicating that my trial period is over and do I want to purschase or restore?  Have not uninstalled MC18 and have it (upgraded from MC17) installed on 2 different machines.  Am down to 4 restores out of the 10 provided.

This is very annoying.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why does JRiver keep NOT acknowledging my install...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:21 am »

Please read this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79483.0

and the FAQ it links to.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:08:13 pm »

Still not clear on this Install thing... 

Maybe my issue is that I have MC installed on 2 PCs for my own personal use, both of which have MC18.0.158 running as of today.  "Registration Information" on both indicates this version to be (registered) when Registration Information is accessed.

My Registration Code, which is a "permanent license" if I read the link correctly, was provided at the time I installed the (upgradeable version) of MC17 on one of the machines.  (The second machine went directly to MC18.)

The link provided indicates that "Version is important.  Your license must match your version."  Does this mean that I need to get a NEW Registration Code now that I am running MC18.0.158 on these two machines?

Non-techie, Citizen of Planet Earth   ;)

shAf

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:30:44 pm »

Is the OP expecting his Windows MC license to work with his Mac MC install??
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:21:24 am »

Version means major version.  18.0.150 and 18.0.158 both use an MC18 license.

The Windows license won't work on Mac.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 07:56:24 am »

I'm guessing, but which browser are you using to restore your license? It sounds like you restore a license but its not being picked up by MC. Some browsers or addons can interfere and rename the file to something that is not understood by MC.

Try a regular Internet Explorer and check the file when you restore. The file should end with .MJR.

Also if its not too long ago (14 days) a license file should have been mailed to you. You can try and save this file from the email attachment.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:48:07 am »

Just a little note that there's no longer a need to use a browser to do license restore.

MC will ask for your Registration Code.  Enter it and it will do the rest.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:45 pm »

I'm guessing, but which browser are you using to restore your license? It sounds like you restore a license but its not being picked up by MC. Some browsers or addons can interfere and rename the file to something that is not understood by MC.

Try a regular Internet Explorer and check the file when you restore. The file should end with .MJR.

Also if its not too long ago (14 days) a license file should have been mailed to you. You can try and save this file from the email attachment.

I did the most recent install of MC18.0.158 on a machine running Firefox and actually received two emails (both the same) excerpted as follows:

Temporary Install Key for JRiver, Inc. Media Center 18

Date:   Tue, Apr 23, 2013 11:21 am
[Attachment]    

Hopefully, since Registration Information indicates that MC18.0.158 is REGISTERED on both machines, I will not burn thru remaining restores.  

The necessary procedures as documented for registering, restoring, etc., are quite confusing as evidenced by fact that I am down to 4 restores without even realizing how I did it.  Hopefully, the new (and improved) procedure for a restore as indicated by Matt will resolve issue for those like myself who just want MC to run on a couple of machines for personal use without messages indicating that trial period is running out.
Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:23:20 pm »

So I think you mean it's working now.

You've posted on the Mac board but you have a Windows license, so I'll close this thread now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up