INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recorded TV episode runs black screen and no audio despite 4GB ts file [solved]  (Read 1254 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

MC 18.0.171

A .ts recorded TV file will open but does not play video or audio in my HTPC. It is a black screen despite time markers suggesting it is playing normally.Unlike other recordings it has no thumnail (just the film roll thing).In Explorer the file properties indicate it has over 4GB file size.It is one of a TV series and episodes before and after play normally.Right clicking the file in explorer and "play with MC" produces same black screen.

The strange thing is when I access the shared media external drive over the network from my DESKTOP then r click the file there are 2 MC symbols in the right click menu, the first one PLAYS the file ! The second one produces the same black screen.

Not sure if this is relevant and apologies if perhaps is better dealt with a separate post. The desktop shares the JRiver library on the same  external media drive, the desktop pointing to it over the network and the HTPC directly usb plugged. But the same r click = 2 MC options occur whether the desktop loads the shared library or loads its own "main Library". Additionally, even when I shut down MC on computer A, computer B will only start "database read only" and vice versa. That is until I enter task manager on the machine NOT running MC and kill the the MC process (which remains running despite closing the application).Media server is only enabled on the HTPC and "allow multiple MC instances" on both machines. I mention all this as I wondered whether the file in question has somehow a locked handle in one of MC instances (although, if so, it should not paly the file at all).

Any clues would be appreciated ? :-[
Thanks

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

For whatever reason the HTPC instance was running 2 simultatneous processes of MC in task manager.Not sure why caused above behaviour but killed duplicate process and all good.Sometimes firefox.exe or explorer.exe seems to double itself (or more) leading to odd behaviour. Perhaps one for the Weird and wonderful (freak problems and their solutions) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24031.msg167586#msg167586
Pages: [1]   Go Up