INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is TV for JRiver any good?  (Read 1560 times)

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck
Is TV for JRiver any good?
« on: April 26, 2013, 08:25:02 am »

Hi all

I've just started using JRiver and although it look very good I just can't get the TV functionality to work properly.  I'm using a TBS6981 tuner.  PC has 8GB mem and intel i7 quad.

I'm using the trial version of JRiver (JRiver Media Center 18 Ver. 18.0.158) - the one on the download page of the JRiver website.

The problems I'm getting are;

(1) Some channels don't appear on the TV guide although they are on the channel list. 

(2) When I flick through channels I have lots of different versions of the same channel. e.g BBC One, BBC One (1), BBC One (2) etc eve BBCOne (AC3).
     Do I delete these in the channel list? The JRiver wiki advises again deleting channels.

(3)  When I select a channel sometimes the video is frozen or pixelated but I can hear the audio.  If I switch away from the channel I get the audio from another channel but still the frozen or pixelated video.

Is TV any good for JRiver? If so I'll persevere and try to resolve these problems.  It just apears to be buggy. I've tried reinstalling it but the same problems remain.

Any advise would be warmly recieved.

Kind regards, Andrew

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is TV for JRiver any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:39:15 am »

Hi Andrew

The problems you are having do affect me as well. If you don't have any listings associated with the channel in your list it will not show up on the guide (i have always thought this was strange but apparantly this is normal for mc18.

When Mc 18 searches for channels is does tend to find extra channels as you have noticed... just delete them.

I must admit the TV side of JRiver is not as good as Windows Media center but it is getting much better and recently jriver have added recorded tv button, and some improvements to the guide so they do listen !!!

I also have a bug in my guide set up that certain channels have guide listings associated but still do not show up in the guide...i have posted about this before but to no avail!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:33:59 am »

18.0.171 is at the top of this board.  It has a few fixes for TV.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:51:03 am »

18.0.174 now available.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up