INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is a $350 3.5mini cable worth it?  (Read 1027 times)

whatusername

• Recent member
Is a $350 3.5mini cable worth it?
« on: April 27, 2013, 12:24:58 am »

Hi to all and thanks to those who responded to my last post regarding this concern. Just for those who didn't read my accidental "poll" post, I have a 2011 iMac running MC software with a Dragonfly DAC and a B&W Zeppelin Air. I've saved some money for a nice 3.5mini to 3.5 mini cable to complete my system. I was looking at a $350 Audioquest cable (victoria 5ft) and had asked if it would be significantly noticeable. I had received a response saying I should hear the cable with my setup before I purchase it. I think that might be the best way to go but finding a physical place in Gainesville, FL that has that caliber of cable seems impossible (the nicest place here is Sound Ideas and they say I have to pay before they order so its like I bought it off line anyway). I have a above average ear and can hear a big difference between 41/16 and 48/24 or up. Based on possible cable upgrade experience, could it be a good move?

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is a $350 3.5mini cable worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 01:05:04 am »

I think I was the one suggesting that you should listen to the cable in your own system first with your own music.Whether there is or is not a measurable difference or be it psycho-acoustic doesnt bother me,what bothers me is spending that much money on pure speculation, buying without hearing. If you cant take it home then at least find a place, next time your in a big city, that has the cable on demo and take your few favorite cd's along and your cable to AB it in their system.High end retailers will do that for you because if they didnt they would have zero sales. Ultimately is it worth it, is up to you and your ears and where else you can spend that money.....if on HIFi could the oney be put towards a component upgrade etc.Just my opinion
Pages: [1]   Go Up