INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still Working to get MJ8 running properly on LMDE.  (Read 1538 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Still Working to get MJ8 running properly on LMDE.
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:57:21 am »

Am still searching for a music jukebox which will be comparable with LMDE. Currently runing JRiver Music Jukebox 8.400 which dates to the early 2000's if not before. I'm 90  -95+% running it on LMDE. I am having 1 main and 1 medium strength problem.

Chief Problem is that MJ8 will not recognize my cd/dvd player/recorder which is recognized by the other jukebox and media center programs which run on Linux Distros. Fortunately, the current problems with the jukebox and media problems which MJ8 has  can be worked around by Banshee by my being able to record and encode my downloads and other sources of music to my music folder and MJ8 will pick them up from there.

Any suggestions as to how to get MJ8 to recognize my dvd/cd player/recorder?

Hopefully the newer versions of the other players which have been released since Whessy was frozen last July will be solved when Debian 7 and its program updates and files are released on May 4 -5.
And before Windows XP support is stopped in April 1914, I can have everything moved to LMDE and can delete Windows XP or JRiver will release a new Jukebox/Media Player compatible with Linux.

Thanks,
tlcmd (aka Dick)
Pages: [1]   Go Up