INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone getting the "Recommended" category on Netflix  (Read 1365 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Is anyone getting the "Recommended" category on Netflix
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:33:30 pm »

Since the MC version that removed the Netflix categories (Comedies, Action, Classics, etc.) I no longer get the Netflix "Recommended" list either. The category is there but it always has "There are no items to Display" message. The Queue has the movies/shows that I add from the Netflix website - just no Recommended movies/shows.  I have three clients and all are the same.

If no one else is getting the Recommended category, JRiver should remove it from displaying - if everyone else is still getting it (after upgrading to version (I think it was) .166 and newer) then something is wrong with my setup.

Thanks.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is anyone getting the "Recommended" category on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:01:24 pm »

MC 18.0.171

my MC netflix also displays "No items to display" under Recommended.

I hadnt tried MC Netflix for a while and was happy that in Theatre view the "who's watching" screen has gone which previously required a mouse to click on the family member.

Roku arguably has too many options but include instant queue, search,Recently watched,recommended based on previous viewing habits,new releases,recenltly added, and popular

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 07:34:33 pm »

Mine is still loading recommended, just taking a while to do so (same with Instant Queue).

Sadly, with Netflix cutting support for their API, I fear my days of using MC for netflix are numbered...

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:18:06 am »

Mine is still loading recommended, just taking a while to do so (same with Instant Queue).

mine promptly loading instant queue, not loading recommended after 5 minutes wait

Sadly, with Netflix cutting support for their API, I fear my days of using MC for netflix are numbered...

that is bad news.I was hoping to have one media center to cover all media.Will explore adding a web browser route to netflix via MC.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 06:27:12 am »

What MC version are you running - that you still get Recommended?

It does take my system a couple of seconds to switch/move from My Queue to Search or Recommended, but once the Queue is loaded (after a fresh MC startup) it is available immediately each time I want it. I don't shut MC (the HTPC) off, I just shut off the display (TV) when I'm done viewing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up