INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Someone please help. Wav files pushed to WDTV Live Streaming Player  (Read 2797 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen

I just installed a WDTV Live Streaming player for the sole purpose of being able to send music to zones outside of my main listening room AND be able to adjust volume in this WD zone with JRiver & JRemote.

JRiver sees the Wd and so does JRemote. But when I select a wav file track (CDs ripped to wav) using JRemote nothing happens. The track appears in Remote as is should but the total track time doesn't appear and it simply won't play. Do I have an incorrect setting in JRiver? is it a problem with WD? I know there are dozens of variables but I don't know where to start. I did try a mp3 file and it worked. But that isn't what i want to be streaming, of course.

I would appreciate any input at all.

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You might learn something by playing from MC to the WD without JRemote.  Any JRemote specific questions or problems should be posted in that thread on the Third Party board.

I believe a WD will play WAV.  You would need to be able to play to the WD from MC for a DLNA controller to be able to work.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen

You might learn something by playing from MC to the WD without JRemote.  Any JRemote specific questions or problems should be posted in that thread on the Third Party board.

I believe a WD will play WAV.  You would need to be able to play to the WD from MC for a DLNA controller to be able to work.

Thanks for replying, Jim.

I just tried to go direct from JRiver to the WD and an "Information" message poped up:  There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-Check your device, server & netwrok settings.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

You will need to select either the "MP3" or the "PCM L16 No header" audio formats to stream to the WD. (See pic)
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It means that the WD is either not receiving the file or is unable to play it.  The ability to play in this case is not universal with all DLNA devices.  They need to be DLNA Renderers.  You could read the DLNA topic on our wiki to learn what it means.
Pages: [1]   Go Up