INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Rating - Script Maybe?  (Read 2491 times)

natelabo

• Recent member
Auto Rating - Script Maybe?
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:27:52 pm »

Hello, been with MC for about 3 months now and I really like it. made the move from MediaMonkey which just couldn't seem to get their act together. So anyways the only feature I want/need! is an auto rating script. I used to use AutoRating script by BigBerny on mediamonkey. Don't know if anyone is familiar but all of my playlists are based on rating which is based on playcount, add date, skips, etc. as compared to all the other music in my library. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Auto Rating - Script Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:38:34 am »

What's the formula you want used?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

natelabo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:39 pm »

I don't know if what I want is possible... In MediaMonkey the script that I ran was heavily geared towards plays. So if a track was played a lot it had the highest rating. This was then compared to other tracks. So across my entire library I had it setup that 5% of my played tracks were 5 stars, 25% were 4 stars, 50% were 3 stars, 15% were 2 stars, lastly 5% tracks were 1 star. Now this only rated songs that had been played. Unplayed retained no stars not 0 just null. The actual equation was based on a much larger point system that took into account how many times the track played, skipped, when it was added to the library and the last play date.

Is there anyway this can be done without manual intervention? I know about the calculated user fields and then could create playlist based on my percentages and then finally manually add my ratings based on the playlists. But this is quite cumbersome and I like how I set it up to be automatic on start with MediaMonkey.

Does MC have a scripting functionality? I've tried searching through the wiki and it appears that it has calculatable fields but not something where I could add actual functionality to the program.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:59 pm »

Write me out the math equation that takes as input the fields of interest and outputs a range of 0 to 5, and I'll see what I ca come up with.

natelabo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:01 am »

Reviving this thread because I never did find a solution...

MrC:

I know you asked for an equation that plots between 0 and 5. However this is not possible... I don't have static constraints. Is there anyway to compare a field in a track against all other tracks?

MrC

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:42:03 am »

There is a technique that can be used, but we'll need to get the basic logic defined.  What have you come up with?

natelabo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:21:17 am »

So far i have come up with this(Gives me a rating from 1-10):

Code: [Select]
FormatNumber(math(If(IsRange([Number Plays],0-7),[Number Plays],8)+math(IsEqual(ConvertDate([Last Played]),math(Now()-180),5)*.5)+math(IsEqual(ConvertDate([Last Played]),math(Now()-365),5)*.25)+math(IsEqual(ConvertDate([Last Played]),math(Now()-90),5)*.25)+math(IsEqual(ConvertDate([Date Created]),math(Now()-180),5)*.25)+math(IsEqual(ConvertDate([Date Created]),math(Now()-365),5)*.25)+math(IsEqual(ConvertDate([Date Created]),math(Now()-90),5)*.5)+IsEqual([Number Plays],75,5)),0)
Quick explanation if you don't feel like tearing this apart:
+First section gives the song a starting rating based on play count from 1-7 anything higher gets an 8.
+Second gives it a 1/2 point if it was played in last six months
+Third gives it a 1/4 point if it was played in the last year
+Fourth gives is a 1/4 point if it was played in the last three months (1 total point possible depending on last played date)
+Fifth gives a full point if song was played over 75 times

This gets me kind of close to what i want to accomplish. Pretty bottom heavy but I've changed how i rate things now. The only thing that is hanging me up... I want to include one more way to get points that I can't get to work:

Code: [Select]
math([Number Plays]/(FormatNumber(now()-ConvertDate([Date Created]))))
I can only get this to return 0. I can times (*) number of plays and the date calculation but once I try to divide it won't return anything?? Any clue what may be going wrong?

MrC

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 01:51:32 am »

When you use date values in math(), you'll want to use the raw values (which returns a decimal date representation).  Also use the raw format for Number Plays.

math([Number Plays,0] / (now() - [Date Created,0]))
Pages: [1]   Go Up