INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difficulties with MC18 finding and naming music (audio) files on my computer  (Read 800 times)

rbbert

I have a trial version of MC18.  I have about 1.5 TB of FLAC files on a hard drive which is where I have told MC18 to look for files for my Main Library.  These files are from a number of sources, including CD's ripped with EAC and dBPoweramp, files downloaded from commercial sites such as HDTracks, livedownloads.com, Channelclassics.com, etc., and unreleased music (radio broadcasts, etc).  A good part of it MC18 doesn't recognize at all.  Much of what is recognized is hard to find; for example I have 4 Mahler symphonies from HDTracks and Channel Classics, all by Adam Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra.  2 are catalogued under "Budapest Festival Orchestra", one under "Adam Fischer", one under "Gustav Mahler".

I guess I can import the music not automatically recognized and imported by going to each folder in Windows Explorer and manually importing; is there a quicker way?   And is there an easy way to fix the cataloging problem with the Mahler (and other classical music)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome.  You can edit the tags to make files show up where you want them to.

MC will import whatever you tell it to.  Check your settings in Tools/Import/Autoimport.  You can add or edit directories you want MC to watch.

rbbert

Autoimport is set to watch the folders where the audio (FLAC files) is; for some reason it is not importing some of them.  And from your answer do I assume that I will have to manually retail each file (apparently several  thousand at this point) which isn't catalogued in a consistent manner?
Pages: [1]   Go Up