INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.175 -- Available Here  (Read 5396 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.175 -- Available Here
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:18:13 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180175.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.175 (4/26/2013)

1. NEW: ASIO output supports DSD bitstreaming using DoP.
2. Fixed: Some videos during conversion would not detect the end of stream properly, so could stop a few seconds early.
3. Changed: Removed the safety valve in the video converter that would stop a conversion if it stalled for too long (Red October should make it unnecessary, and it's possible the valve triggered in cases where it shouldn't).
3. Changed: When multiple optical media disks are present, Theater View now shows the first one available rather than none.
4. Fixed: Queued files for a data disc burn could not be seen because "Show files in subfolders" button was not available.
5. NEW: Media network, add album art for xbox 360 videos.
6. Changed: Media network, fix xbox 360 conversion crashes.
7. Fixed: Crash could occur when clicking the "Rip Tracks" button in the CD header view.
8. Changed: When ripping audio from multiple drives, the 'Details' button in the Action Window jumps to the first drive instead of showing an overview view for all drives (which didn't have the same functionality so could be a little confusing).

18.0.174 (4/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The progress shown for an individual video file during conversion was not displaying correctly.
2. Fixed: Image playback from Library Server was not working in the last few builds.
3. Fixed: If the computer slowed down too much during concurrent video conversions, it could stop a conversion early.
4. Fixed: Encoding to ALAC could crash in some cases.
5. Fixed: On the Import wizard, clicking cancel when it recommended not using an empty auto-import folder list would leave the wizard in a strange state.
6. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

18.0.173 (4/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Pressing Pause button while television was playing in non-time-shifting mode put television in partially paused state (audio continued to play while video was paused).
2. Fixed: CUE files that contained URLs in comments could lead to a crash.
3. Changed: When saving a JPEG with a high quality (90 or higher quality, which is used for cover art saving), no chrominance subsampling will be used.
4. Fixed: Horizontal scrolling in the Playing Now > Overview view was not working nicely.
5. Fixed: Long M4A files (over 10 hours) could show as 'Live' or with the wrong or empty duration in the library.
6. Changed: MC no longer overrules custom video renderer selection when playing wtv/dvr-ms files.
7. Changed: Flicking images from side to side with the mouse will no longer show the playerbar.
8. Fixed: Starting a playlist of images + music playing could show a "failed to load image" for the first couple images.

18.0.172 (4/22/2013)

1. Fixed: The launcher didn't have the full program name embedded in it, so file associations could show they were associated with "Media" instead of "JRiver Media Center 18".
2. Fixed: If a DLNA device requested metadata for a file that's no longer in the library (or never was in the library), it could crash.
3. Changed: When converting a video file, aggregates with names like 'Index.bdmv' and 'Video_TS.vob' will use the name field for building the new filename instead of preserving the existing filename.
4. Changed: Video conversion could stop early if the encoder paused for a while; now it waits much longer before deciding something went wrong.

18.0.171 (4/19/2013)

1. Fixed: A call to JRWorker.exe to import a file (used for video) could fail when the video was referenced in a playlist.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: Playing an image from a mixed media type list will play only the images.
4. Changed: Handheld sync displays more accurate progress and time estimates in cases where the upload, conversion, or download is running much slower than the other concurrent stages.
5. Changed: Updated traditional Chinese language file (by directly converting from the simplified Chinese file).
6. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working.
7. Fixed: In some cases, the row of times at the top of the Theater View television guide could stop updating as you scrolled right.
8. Fixed: When switching to a television channel of a different tuner type (for example ATSC to cable), the confirmation popup window (if the user has configured to show it) might be shown twice.
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
10. Faster: Improved performance of dragging the thumbnail size slider.
11. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.56.2 (thanks to nevcairiel).
12. Fixed: MC could crash if user tried to stop a television playback immediately after starting to play a channel.
13. Changed: Television engine ignores Stop request if it has not finished starting to play a channel.
14. Changed: If the program is configured to use a cover art folder that is not available or writable, the default cover art folder will be used for that run of the program (the same validation runs when setting a folder and won't allow you to set a non-writable folder).
15. Changed: If the program is configured to save art next to files, it will nicely handle cases when sidecar artwork is not writable on the file system (by falling back to the cover art folder).
16. Changed: DLNA: Allow playlist manipulation in conjunction with setNextAVTransportURI.

18.0.170 (4/16/2013)

1. SDK: Added ZoneID, ZoneName, and LinkedZones to MCWS/v1/Playback/Info response.
2. Changed: Pushing 'Enter' on a secondary roller in Theater View that switches views will shift the focus to the list.
3. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.56.1.
4. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.86.1.
5. NEW: A saved Play Doctor Playchart allows setting the number of output files to 100, 250, 500, or 1000 (previously it was locked at 100).
6. Changed: When a JPEG has no tags, no IPTC tag will be written instead of an empty IPTC tag.
7. Fixed: When a CUE file pointed to a missing WAV file, it would lead to problems.
8. Fixed: MC passed some incorrect parameters to some OpenCable television devices.

18.0.169 (4/15/2013)

1. Fixed: Ceton InfiniTV (and other OpenCable devices) did not work in client-server situation (i.e. client could not play a cable channel with tuner only available on server).
2. NEW: When enabling Media Network, a wizard is shown that steps through starting the server, getting an Access Key, and selecting the best server for your renderer.
3. Changed: Consolidated the list of DLNA server presets and added a preset for Audiophile DACs.
4. Fixed: SSDP discovery (used by DLNA) was not working in some cases in builds 167 and 168.
5. Changed: DLNA options to be more descriptive of what's actually going on.

18.0.168 (4/12/2013)

1. Fixed: Scheduled television recording could crash in build 18.0.167 in some situations.
2. Changed: Changed DLNA DoPE option name to "Bitstream DSD (requires DoPE compliant renderer)".
3. Fixed: When increasing the size of image-based subtitles using the 'Size' setting, a subtitle could get too large to fit on the video and get truncated (now the subtitle will not be sized beyond the point of filling the video).
4. Changed: The AAC encoder for video conversion to get better quality audio.
5. Changed: Text subtitles use a slightly smaller default size (size is customizable in Options > Video).
6. Changed: SSA subtitles honor the font size specified in the SSA style block more exactly.
7. Changed: When text is both outlined and drop shadowed, it will look better.
8. Fixed: SSDP servers were not working properly in 18.0.167.
9. Changed: Added '10 channels' as a possible output mode in DSP Studio > Output Format.
10. Fixed: Stopping video playback that was using a third-party COM-based playback engine could cause problems.
11. NEW: Holding down the Shift key while double-clicking an audio track will start Play Doctor playback with that track (equivalent to right-click > More Play Options > Play (with Play Doctor)).
12. Changed: Tuned some Theater View margins and sizing so that the information below the television guide is exactly large enough for a title and two lines of description.
13. Changed: When picking a program in the future or past from the television guide in Theater View, the option to 'Watch Channel Live' will be available (the option is simply called 'Watch' if the program will be on within 15 minutes).
14. Fixed: A few command line launcher commands were not working properly.
15. Fixed: Removing and then adding columns while the column right click menu was open could put the new columns in the wrong spot.
16. Fixed: Windows 7 taskbar button playback controls would sometimes not show up.

18.0.167 (4/10/2013)

1. Changed: Removed 'Level' tool from DSP Studio > Room Correction.  Please use the newer Audio Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration... > Volume calibration to perform calibration.
2. Changed: The 'Tone' tool in DSP Studio > Room Correction uses instrument grade -20dB narrow band pink noise instead of full spectrum pink noise.
3. NEW: Theater View television guide has a 'To Be Recorded' view (requires resetting Theater View views in Options > Theater View > Reset!...).
4. Changed: Added a 'Record' item that shows more detailed status about recording to the Theater View TV Guide file info template (requires a reset of File Info templates in Options > Theater View > Customize file info panel... > Manage > Reset All Templates To Default).
5. Fixed: Ceton InfiniTV (and other OpenCable devices) did not work in non-time-shifting mode.
6. Changed: The clock in Theater View's Obsidian skins shows in any library view filled with TV guide entries, instead of only showing at a view with a literal name Video\Guide.

syn-ack

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.175 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:39:43 am »

Supposed to be fixed in .172 was file association program name from Media to JRiver Media Center 18. I upgraded to .175, and it still shows as just Media.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:03 am »

I did a screencast. Red Numbers show where to find a mentioned thing in the video.

In some cases all kind of display view stops working (except Video playback).

For me it happens this way:
  • change to display view in fullscreen
  • move the mouse -> control bar appears
  • move the mouse on top to any control item (eg. Play, Pause, Volume) [0:19]
  • Wait a few seconds [0:20-0:21]
  • display freezes, Playback continues [0:22-0:33]

It doesn't matter, which kind of visualization I use. Happens for Cover View, 3D, Viz Studio and Track Info. I'm not sure, but I guess it is connected to Quickinfos because it only results in a complete freeze when I would expect a quickinfo. If the cursor hovers eg. the info display [0:07-0:08], the view freezes but continues right after the mouse moves again [0:09].
Leaving the Display view [0:33] and returning again makes everything work fine again [0:39]

Hope this helps to make things clearer...

ruskiru

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:54 pm »

Can't open URLs, such as http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls, in version 175. If I downgrade to v158, URLs open fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:42:35 pm »

Can't open URLs, such as http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls, in version 175. If I downgrade to v158, URLs open fine.

That URL is playing here with 175.

Since it's 32kHz, you might need to configure DSP Studio > Output Format to resample to something your hardware will accept.

You could start a thread to troubleshoot more.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 11:34:31 am »

.175 still crash while opening live tv :( (WIN7 32bit, Hauppauge HDPVR, AMD 6310).
EDIT: when "Hardware accelerated video when possible" is unchecked then live tv don't crash, but video is slow and 100% cpu is used.
.170 is the last version where HW accelerated video live tv didn't crash.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:54 pm »

And again..... ?

Black on Black Skin-> Windows 7 Aero enabled:

DSP Studio,Analyze Audio don't pop up.The Window stays as a Black Window in the Background.No Options,only an empty Window.

Changed Skin to Thunderstorm->working normal.

Seems to be a MC 18 vs Windows 7 Aero problem again.

AND:

Anyone else with Black Bars in the second line in TV Shows in Theater View since the last builds?
I configured the view to show Episode and Name.Second Line shows TV Show when scrolling over the file.
TV Show is still readable,but the whole background of the text is filled black.
Audio, Video no black bars,only TV Shows as far as i have seen until now.
I didn't edit expressions since build 5x.

Expression for TV Show (Extended Line):

If([AllSameSeries], <font alpha="50">Delimit(TVInfo(SeasonEpisode))<//font>  [Name]  Delimit(Watched(2), , / ), TVInfo(NameDisplay)Delimit(Watched(2), , / ))    <//font> <font color="Mid(0123456789ABCDEF, Math([Rating] * 3 - 3), 1)F9933">Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating])<//font>
<font size="80"><font color="888888">[TV Show]<//font>       (<-I can't see any problem in this Line)

And it worked few builds earlier.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 07:28:38 am »

Also seems as though there's been some "tinkering" with Theater View traversal paths or [Location]?

For the most part I like it... e.g. you are beneath "Audio" right the way down to file level rather than switching to a generic location for the file view but it seems hard to target the "playing now" screen (primarily for skinning) as this can now be found in a number of locations e.g.

Home > Playing Now  <-- Still works as expected location = *\Playing Now

Home > Video > Movies > Name > Playing Now

Home > Audio > Artist > Playing Now
Home > Audio > Artist > [Artist] > Playing Now

Home > Video > Shows > Series > Playing Now
Home > Video > Shows > Series > [Series] > Playing Now

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 11:20:29 am »

Anyone else with Black Bars in the second line in TV Shows in Theater View since the last builds?
I configured the view to show Episode and Name.Second Line shows TV Show when scrolling over the file.
TV Show is still readable,but the whole background of the text is filled black.
Audio, Video no black bars,only TV Shows as far as i have seen until now.
I didn't edit expressions since build 5x.

Expression for TV Show (Extended Line):

If([AllSameSeries], <font alpha="50">Delimit(TVInfo(SeasonEpisode))<//font>  [Name]  Delimit(Watched(2), , / ), TVInfo(NameDisplay)Delimit(Watched(2), , / ))    <//font> <font color="Mid(0123456789ABCDEF, Math([Rating] * 3 - 3), 1)F9933">Mid(★★★★★, 0, [Rating])<//font>
<font size="80"><font color="888888">[TV Show]<//font>       (<-I can't see any problem in this Line)

And it worked few builds earlier.

The expression has a two problems, the first one being the cause of the black text background in the second line:

1. The font close tag is missing a beginning font open.  It should be removed.

2. There are two font open tags but only a single font close in the nested font tags.  Remove one and combine the attributes as <font size="80" color="888888">.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 02:21:17 pm »

I can't be positive this problem started with 175, but I think so.

I have a client MC hosted from a master MC Library server.  The client is set to follow There: Player Zone 3 on the server and correctly tracks what's happening on the Master server zone 3.  EXCEPT that the Last Played field on the client display is not updated.

Now, if I close the MC client and restart, set to Follow There: Player Zone 3, now the entries that weren't shown Last Played updated are now updated correctly.  However, as the playlist advances, the new tracks just played do not get updated with the Last Played date on the client, but are on the server.

Follow?

--Bill

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 05:57:15 pm »

@MrC

Thanks for the tip.Seems there was too much "copy & paste" going on. ;D
But i could swear, it has been working for a while.............. ?
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 07:42:16 pm »

Opening a Ceton HD Cable instance on a Client will hang Ceton HD Cable playback on another PC. ROHQ. I have not tried the combo in RO Standard.

I have seen you can have WMC running Ceton HD Cable playback and starting it on another PC will work fine.

penger100

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:48 pm »

Hi All,
         My copy of JRiver just updated itself to ver 18.0.175.  In theater view, everything works fine except when I try to watch something on netflix.  The video will only show on the left half of my screen.  Hulu, youtube, movies, etc... all work properly.  If I exit JRiver and just stream netflix from my browser, it works fine.  Prior to ver 18.0.175 everything worked fine.  Another question, does JRiver in any way improve the video of netflix?  It seems sharper to me, but I have no way of switching between JRiver and my browser.  I assume they both must use silverlight???

Thanks,

Gerry

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 08:53:29 am »

I noticed "Equalizer" was not functioning properly for me.
1.)  small adjustments (using mouse wheel) were not being remembered,  the values kept reseting to an old setting after closing and re-opening. The older setting was also    rounded down (eg: 1.2, or 0.4).
-It did remember the setting (atleast short term) when I changed the value significantly.
2.) While using loopback, the eq had no effect.  (-5 db @60htz) last night I was using REW and taking measurements for the first time in a long time. I didn't have time to fuss with it, and continued using the para EQ instead. let me know if you have difficulty replicating the issue. I can look further into it.

-Justin
Pages: [1]   Go Up