INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library management issue in JRiver 18 on Windows  (Read 8344 times)

Grayson54

• Recent member
Library management issue in JRiver 18 on Windows
« on: April 29, 2013, 08:35:52 pm »

Having an issue with my JRiver library.  Here it is:

In evaluating the various software choices for managing my digital music collection, I did a trial of JRiver and attached a small portion of my database as part of that trial (a few hundred).  I later settled on JRiver 18, purchased a copy and uploaded my entire collection (25,000+ files).  My problem is that the JRiver database is now showing two copies of all the files I used in the trial (the few hundred). For example, when I load up an artist, it will show two of each song (if the song was one of my test files).  There is only one file of each song, but JRiver lists it twice.

I have tried two things to eliminate. (1) Simply deleting the duplicates.  This worked, but if I ever needed to close and re-open the JRiver on the PC, they came back. (2) I even uninstalled JRiver, deleted the library and started over.  It still comes back to two entries on the trial files. 

Looking for a way to eliminate these duplicates.  Any suggestions?

George
SYSTEM:  JRiver 23 Media Center for PC  ///  PC: PowerSpec B724 running Win 10  ///  PreAmp/DAC: Classe CP-800  ///  Amp: Carver M200  ///  Spkrs: Totem Fires/JL F110 subs.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library management issue in JRiver 18 on Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:40:20 pm »

Take a close look at the 'Filename' column for the duplicates.  Is it identical or is there some subtle difference?

This is optional (under auto-import options), but by default if you remove a file from the library, it should not return via any normal import mechanism.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Grayson54

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:46:30 am »

There is a difference. The main library uses the mapped drive letter of the server (M:\).  The trial files somehow use only the name of the server. (\\SERVERNAME\). Maybe this is the problem.  because they are technically the same file, i only remove them from the library (not a full delete).  So they never actually get removed.  on the other hand, a full delete would eliminate the file which I still want to be included in the database.

Still, I have deleted them several times now, but they keep coming back.
SYSTEM:  JRiver 23 Media Center for PC  ///  PC: PowerSpec B724 running Win 10  ///  PreAmp/DAC: Classe CP-800  ///  Amp: Carver M200  ///  Spkrs: Totem Fires/JL F110 subs.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:28:36 am »

For a number of files to reappear in your library after you have deleted them, I presume you have set up some kind of background import. This background import gets its folder parameters from the setting under Library--> Import --> "Configure Auto Import".

I'd suggest you have a look in these settings and finalize on a single approach. Either the mapped drive letter, or even better the UNC paths like \\Servername\foo and so on.

Then run an Auto Import so that MC removes the duplicate files from our library.

All this, does not affect the media files on your hard disk at all, it just consolidates the database (library in JRiver terms).
Pages: [1]   Go Up