INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove incorrect information from video files  (Read 1566 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
How to remove incorrect information from video files
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:41:17 pm »

I have been trying to correct information with my video files. If the "get Movie & TV Info" has data it is easily corrected, however if the title is not in the online database I can not seem to find a way to clear out the incorrect data. It seems like when I initially scanned the internet some titles have bogus information. I have managed to change the cover art. I have tried "clean file" but that does not seem to clear out any bogus information that is there. Unfortunately most of the titles that have bogus information is filled with the description of an Austin Powers movie :(

I have a lot of stuff that was never released on DVD and in some cases not released at all (Recorded from Satelite) I would rather have nothing show up when the title is "moused over" than the incorrect information

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to remove incorrect information from video files
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:23:49 am »

I believe it's stored in an xml file in the same directory.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 08:02:35 am »

Have you tried this? You should be able to find this info on the forum &/or the wiki but I've had a few vinos so I'm feeling generous.

From the main MC window, navigate to the left side pane and bring up Drives & Devices, then:
  Explorer > [locate the file(s) that you're interested in]
Your other option is to navigate via the Video option in the left side pane if the files have been imported to the database.

1. Select your files

2. Bring up the context menu (i.e. right mouse click) and select Library Tools > Fill Properties from Filename

3. Usually the automatic function works well. Review it to make sure that the media sub-type is correct be it Movie or TV Show. If you need to, bring up the Tag data (Alt+Enter) and set the media sub-type to suit. From my experience if the title of the video and the media sub-type are correct, then all should work fine.

For the title, consult www.thetvdb.org or www.themoviedb.org to ensure that you've got that point of detail perfect.

4. Bring up the context menu again and run Get Movie & TV Info

I've used the above protocol multiple times and that does the trick. If you have some quirk, you could always delete the side car file (i.e. file ending in "_JRSidecar.xml") and make sure that you're starting from a clean slate.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:26:53 am »

Ok, Duh on my part. I did not see the video_ts_ifo_jrsidecar file

Thanks Guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up