INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18.exe /Import not using tagging rules  (Read 1111 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC18.exe /Import not using tagging rules
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

Configured otto to apply a few tagging rules when auto-importing files from a specific folder.  This updates album, genre, and media subtype fields.
Works great when I kick off otto from file > library > import > run auto import now

If i use the command line MC18.exe /Import "path" the new files are imported but none of the tagging rules are executed and the "get movie info" option also doesn't run.
Is there an alternative command line I could use to kick off otto that would include the tagging rules and metadata scraping?
If not, would it be possible to enhance the /import and /silentimport switches to do so?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC18.exe /Import not using tagging rules
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:53:28 pm »

Configured otto to apply a few tagging rules when auto-importing files from a specific folder.  This updates album, genre, and media subtype fields.
Works great when I kick off otto from file > library > import > run auto import now

If i use the command line MC18.exe /Import "path" the new files are imported but none of the tagging rules are executed and the "get movie info" option also doesn't run.

That is correct.  Tag on Import rules are also not run for files imported this way, nor is Carnac (automatic filename parsing).  The same applies for files you drag-drop to the MC window (and choose Import from the pop-up menu).

I'm not sure why it was implemented this way, but there does seem to be a reason to keep some way to import files "clean".  This is good enough, I expect.

In any case, the command you want is MCC 23020 - MCC_IMPORT_AUTO_RUN_NOW.  This command line will do it:
>mc18.exe /mcc 23020,0

This one is silent:
>mc18.exe /mcc 23020,1

I should note: This only works for defined auto-import paths.  There isn't a way to make it take a path.  But, if you watch the folders and you just want it to "check them" manually more often, then this works.  If you aren't using Auto-Import, then you should.  If there is some reason Auto-Import isn't "auto" for you (usually a weird NAS box) then scripting Windows to run this command regularly should fix you up.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC18.exe /Import not using tagging rules
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »

Perfect, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up