INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist/Album Synopsis Solved  (Read 1070 times)

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
Artist/Album Synopsis Solved
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:24:44 am »

In my previous post I was asking for some advice on how to view a Album / Artist synopsis,I had created

Well I solved that / although I believe that this would be a excellent feature for JRiver Media Centre

The ability to right click on a preferred Album art and create a Album / Artist Synopsis. And then be able to access that from the right click context menu

Anyway for what it is worth / if it is of any use to anyone other than myself this is how I did it

1 : In Photoshop set background to black,and then I created a new  blank file  of width 642 pixels x height 642 pixels /I just left the resolution at 72 pixels
      and from background contents / select background color

I used the above size as a test and it worked OK / I thought I would try a larger file size.
 And it worked OK as well,so I guess it depends how much info you wish to include(the text was
 smaller/although still very readable)

2: For your blank file in Photoshop you can find the info you want on the net
   eg: Wikipedia etc
And copy and paste it to your blank background / you can make your text any color you like

3: Once completed you can save your file as a .jpeg / or a .png I think is preferable as it is a
   loss less format

4: I placed the file in the music folder and then imported the file into JRiver Media Centre

5: Now to review the info(synopsis) while playing a music album,I use the following procedure

6: First right click near the top of the JRiver window and select customize toolbar,
   and add toggle theater view ( this is for convenience)

7: Start the Album playing,then click the toggle theater view / select images
   and select the synopsis image you created.

And you can read your notes,when done ESC on keyboard /exit theater view.
   then your back to your playing Album / "Playing Now" if you have it set that way

I hope this is of use to someone/if not nothing lost, as I have achieved what I set out to do

I had to scale down the image to fit the post/They actually look very good when viewed in JRiver Media Centre

Cheers

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Artist/Album Synopsis Solved
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:15:41 am »

Hi Weedup
It might be easier to just paste the info into the [Description] field tag, then add this as a field to show under Tools > Options > Theatre View > Customize File Info Panel, Add Description

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Artist/Album Synopsis Solved
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:51:53 am »

Hi,Thanks for your reply/I will check out your suggestion,although the other way is not difficult or intensive to achieve.

But thank you for your comment // Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up