INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes AIF File Conversion and Encoding via DLNA  (Read 1151 times)

keithsonic

• Recent member
iTunes AIF File Conversion and Encoding via DLNA
« on: May 05, 2013, 03:26:57 am »

I have recently moved from iTunes to JRiver and imported my library (fine). However, I could not stream AIF files from within iTunes (those imported directly were fine). My dealer gave me a workaround - in DLNA configure settings: 'Convert Unsupported Formats' and 'Uncompressed' selections fixed the problem.
JRiver has just updated itself from v158 to v175 and these options have been replaced by 'Original' and options to convert to LCPM or MP3 only - as my renderer does not support LCPM streams this leaves me with only an MP3 feed i.e. not much use. Needless to say, even AIF or FLAC imports to JRiver also no longer stream.
Rather oddly, in Client Options the previous audio conversion options still appear but don't do anything or at least don't override the DLNA config settings.
I have rolled back to v158 and back up and running but it seems odd that a media server program only streams LCPM or MP3 codecs - hopefully this will be rectified in future updates.
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up