INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oppo 105  (Read 3273 times)

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
oppo 105
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:06:18 pm »

I'm hoping to use JRiver to put my music on computer, but I am a 61 y.o. geezer. I have used a/v gear all my life, but all my music is on cd's. I have never used a computer for music outside of iTunes and a nano that I use on portable player at work. I want to use this for my higher quality HT/2-ch music setup.
I would like to move all my cd's to my laptop (or a 1-2 tb storage thingee) and use JRiver to send music to my oppo 105, but I know absolutely nothing about how to do this.
Is there an Idiot's Guide To JRiver that someone could point me to??
I need to find out things like:
  what form to record it in for lossless, that will work well with the oppo?
  how and where do I back up my files?
  do I get album art and song lists for each cd,( like gracenote does for the oppo) with IRiver?
  do I need a special soundcard for my laptop?
  can I record sacd's or dvd-a's to my computer at high rates?
  how do I connect between the laptop/storage unit to the oppo? hdmi? usb?

As you can see, I need to start from the beginning. I'm not stupid, but I'm terribly ignorant.
Please help.

Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: oppo 105
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 06:32:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  I am an even older geezer.  It's not that hard.  Just start at the beginning (Getting Started link in my signature) and get as far as you can.  Post here when you get stuck.

The wiki is a great source of information.  Search there, here, and at Google whenever you're trying to solve a problem.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »

JimH,
Thanks. That seems to be just what I was looking for. I'm sure I'll have more ?'s, but I'll start here.
The only question I have right now is, what lossless rate/recording type  (?) should I choose to record to that works well with Oppo.

Thanks again,
Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:43:06 pm »

Any lossless format will work.  I use APE.  A lot of people use FLAC.  Just use default settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up