INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick question: does internal cover art override external?  (Read 776 times)

madfloyd

• Recent member

I noticed I have the wrong cover art showing up - i.e. it doesn't match the folder.jpg stored in the same folder as the FLAC files.

The art that is appearing is what is stored internally inside the file.  I can remove the internal art, but I'm wondering why it's working this way in the first place since there is a setting in JRiver to get the art from "the same folder as the file".

Is this a bug or working as intended?

Thanks.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Quick question: does internal cover art override external?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:31:53 am »

As far as I can tell, that setting is for where to save cover art, and where Media Center will search when a track doesn't have any cover art and you use "Cover Art > Quick Find..."
But art stored inside the file itself takes precedence over art that is stored externally - which is what I would expect.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Quick question: does internal cover art override external?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:39:01 am »

From the Wiki...

How Images Are Stored
For audio, there are three ways that cover art can be stored:
   • In the cover art folder
   • Next to the file as Artist - Album.jpg
   • Next to the file as Folder.jpg
You can also store cover art in the file's tag, which is recommended. See Save Cover Art in the file for a brief list of pros and cons.
For video, cover art is always stored next to the file using the same filename as the video. For example, "Big Bang S01E11.mkv" will use "Big Bang S01E11.jpg" for cover art.
Sometimes a need arises to save cover art for a file that can not support artwork next to it. Imagine setting an image for a file on an optical disk. In these cases, the cover art is placed in the cover art folder.

my guess is that MC is defaulting by preference to the the art in the file's tag.

if you want to change the art you can r click file/s and choose one of the relevant options
Pages: [1]   Go Up