INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound card or usb to spdif converter that will wake from sleep ok  (Read 3953 times)

fobos8

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi all

My setup is that I have the ESI Juli@ soundcard connected via spdif to a set of AVI ADM 9.1 speakers  http://www.avihifi.co.uk/adm9.html which have an onboard DAC. The sound quality improvement from using the Juli@ card is terrific. As I'm not using its DAC I guess I'm just experience the benefits of its low jitter clock.

Its a real shame but I don't want to use this card any more because it isn't reliable at functioning when you resume windows from sleep mode. It only works about 60% of the time. ESI state that sleep and hibernate are not supported and I cannot find any way to resolve this.

So......... I'd like to purchase an alternative card/box that will give me the equivalent sound quality or better of the Juli@ card but that will will work when windows resumes from sleep mode.  

What are my options? As I'm not using a soundcard's DAC or ADC do I just get and external USB to spdif converter with a really good low jitter clock?

My other requirement is that I'd like a unit that allows me to control the latency/buffer.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: sound card or usb to spdif converter that will wake from sleep ok
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:38:29 am »

My set up doesn't have that issue.

However, if I did have the challenge confronting you, I'd check here as one port of call:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/331-computer-audiophile-suggested-hardware-list/

You'll still have to research the details but it may offer some joy.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up