INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library tagging is not working, bug?  (Read 1377 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
Library tagging is not working, bug?
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

Hi
Running 18.0.175 (last stable version).

For me there seems to be a bug related to tagging files using auto import.

My basic problem that I want solved is that I'm unable to get JRiver to tag my .iso files as video files.
I do not want to change the library type for all files imported earlier on.

I observe the following behaviour.

First I clear the library to start with a clean library
(btw: is there any way to clear the library but to keep just the auto import rules?)

Then I set up the auto import rules to monitor a single folder where there is some iso files and some regular files.
In auto import I select video and data (iso). I set tagging rules to Media Type = Video and Media Sub Type = Movie (only movies in this folder)
I run auto import.
It seems like all my movies is located under Video as I want them to.

I uncheck the "Ignore files previously removed from library"
I delete all files from the library
(remember: my goal is to find a way to fix my actual library)
I run auto import.

Now - all the files are added, but this time my .iso files is no longer tagget as Media Type: Video, thus are not showing up under my movies.

I cannot see any resonable reason that the tag's should not be set just because I deleted them from the library and reimported them.

I also observe - problably because of the same reason - that I'm not able to change the tagging rules and then reimport the files with the new tagging rules applied. This is very annoying!
Will this be fixed?

-TEK

BayensF

• World Citizen
Re: Library tagging is not working, bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:20:23 am »

I have the same problem, no ISO file auto import and also the regular ifo files stopped.

I am on version 18.0.209

SOLVED I have done a reset for the Video files view and set the If....like described in the Wiki for ISO import (like it was before). And maybe the real root cause was that in some directories I removed the "!" from the title name like "3 Geezers!" to "3 Geezers".

Also (maybe I am doing something wrong) for music files, if it's a double disc (2 CD in 2 folders) I can not see them as 2 disc's whatever I do they show up as 1 album.....

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:24:31 am »

Add an auto-import rule for Media Type with the value:

ifelse(isequal(regex([filename (name)], /#\.([^.]+)$#/, 1), iso), Video)

This will look at the file's suffix, and when it is "iso", will return Video.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:29:57 am »

Also (maybe I am doing something wrong) for music files, if it's a double disc (2 CD in 2 folders) I can not see them as 2 disc's whatever I do they show up as 1 album.....

Most people want to view the disc as a single album, so that's the default when both discs have the same Album name.

The most configurable way to allow both variants is to tag wisely: set Disc # correctly for the tracks on each disc, and set Name to be the same across all discs.

Then, customize the view to show each Album - Disc combination.

Where do you want to see the discs separate - in a Categories view (where you'd see Album CD1 and Album CD2, for example), or in the File List, where the files are grouped by Album - Disc # ?

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »

Most people want to view the disc as a single album, so that's the default when both discs have the same Album name.

The most configurable way to allow both variants is to tag wisely: set Disc # correctly for the tracks on each disc, and set Name to be the same across all discs.

Then, customize the view to show each Album - Disc combination.

Where do you want to see the discs separate - in a Categories view (where you'd see Album CD1 and Album CD2, for example), or in the File List, where the files are grouped by Album - Disc # ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I solved it manually by changing THE album name like *** Disc1. But it would be better is it can Be done automatically.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:30:14 pm »

Certainly you can do that.  But placing the correct data in the correct fields gives you flexibility.  See the possibilities in the attached screenshots.  All have the Album as the same name "The Wall".
Pages: [1]   Go Up