INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC stealing focus from TMT5 and TMT6 using imon [solved]  (Read 3259 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
MC stealing focus from TMT5 and TMT6 using imon [solved]
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:10:39 am »

I have been trying for what seems like years to set up MC such that I can use MC as my front end library and media browsing app in theatre view, use MC to play audio and my mkv video, and an external 3D software player to play my 3D blu ray and other iso rips with full disc menu access. I run AnyDVD HD and Virtual Clone Drive.

I have an imon system which is generally ok, a b it quirky, but ok. And I use a Harmony One.

I have left MC in default settings for handling data discs such that MC will mount the iso I select in VCD, but then do nothing further itself.

In windows I have set auto play for blu ray and dvd media to TMT, so at when MC has mounted the iso, windows sees a disc and launches TMT.

So far so good, in theory.

This is where my problems start. MC seems to steal focus from TMT, such that pressing remote control buttons can start MC playiing the iso.

This thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73231.0

saved me. One unchecking of exclusive mode setting on the Application Launcher option in the imon manager has solved the focus issue and TMT5 can now be launched and controlled with no problems.

It seems TMT6 has some issues since when it is the windows auto play default then after MC mounts the iso a moment latervMC seems to minimize then maximize again, and TMT6 is sitting behind MC with MC having resumed focus. TMT6 remaing inaccessible with the Harmony.

So A1, gold star, fandabbydozy that I now have a way to browse to a 3D blu ray in MC and play it in 3D using just my Harmony and I'll just wait to see what the TMT6 issue is in time.

Thanks to this forum for continuing to make HTPC a usable, reliable and powerful alternative.

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC stealing focus from TMT5 and TMT6 using imon [solved]
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:53:00 pm »

I got sick of all this so what I did was create three buttons on my Harmony 1100i remote.

One called Close Application which closes whatever application is on top.
Another button called Launch JRiver.
Another button called Launch TMT 6.

To do the key mappings I used LM Remote KeyMap. Link here: http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp

This way I can run and close whichever app I want exclusively with the touch of a button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up