INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to leave a field blank instead of "Unassigned"  (Read 2095 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
How to leave a field blank instead of "Unassigned"
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:27 am »

For example I have my library set up in Artist and Album Views to separate albums by a field I created called "Source" to distinguish rips from Vinyl of SACD or Remastered versions from standard versions.  It works great except that any album that has nothing in the "source" field is listed as "Unassigned"  I just want to to be blank.  Is there a way to do that?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to leave a field blank instead of "Unassigned"
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:07:12 am »

Can you post a screenshot or describe the settings you used for your custom field? It's difficult to say without knowing how it's set up.

And for what it's worth, I use a combination of Keywords and the Description field for this task.
You can set up keywords for things like "SACD, HDtracks, Vinyl" etc.
I also like to use keywords to mark tracks as being "Bonus, Demo, Remix, Live" tracks, because there are zones where I don't want them to play.

If I have multiple versions of the same album, I will use the Description field for that. So it might be "2012 Remaster" or "2000 Special Edition" etc.
I like the flexibility this gives me rather than putting that information directly in the Album field. (I also made a custom date field for this - though I wish Media Center supported the official TDOR tag)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:47:35 pm »

It works great except that any album that has nothing in the "source" field is listed as "Unassigned"  I just want to to be blank.

Where do you want it to show up blank?

There would be different methods depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:38:06 pm »

Here's a few pictures to try to describe what I'm talking about.  Lets start just with an album with only 1 version.

Here's my library

Clicking Alabama Shakes once gets me here.... This is what I would consider a redundant or useless screen

A second click gets me to the screen I wanted to begin with

As you can see now my album title and song list are separated into 2 different views... not ideal.

Here's an example with multiple album versions.  I'll skip the library view.  One click on Miles Davis brings me here

A second click on Kind of Blue brings me here

Hopefully there is some clarity in the pictures. 

In the first example since there is only one album under that artist it would be great if the middle screen was skipped all together and the album title and song list were shown on the same view.

In the second example, since there are multiple albums, and multiple versions of one or more of those albums the middle screen is necessary.  On the third screen I would like the version that is shown as "Unassigned" to just be blank.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 11:30:59 pm »

What happens if you in the view in your last screenshot in the thumbnail text put if(isempty([source]),/ ,[source])?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 09:18:07 am »

You'll want to modify the view itself to exclude that tier.  I don't have time to write up instructions right now, but if you look at this thread, you might be able to figure it out (it is conceptually similar, though this applies to Theater View, not Standard View):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76987.msg521656#msg521656

You can also turn on the option to always show files, if you'd prefer to just always have them visible.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up