INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback stutters over WiFi  (Read 997 times)

klauss

• Recent member
Video Playback stutters over WiFi
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:17:19 pm »

I am running MediaCenter in a client / server configuration. I have 2 wired clients and 1 wireless client. While the 2 wired clients work fine they are slow to start (MC 17 was faster to start).

The wireless client quite frequently starts audio stutter. The video continues playing normally, however, the audio stutters. MC 18 will not recover once that happens. The only thing I can do is to press stop and then start again. MC17 would typically stop and buffer if it encountered network issues, however, I have not seen MC18 doing the same. I know for sure it's an MC18 issue since I can play the exact same video over the network using other players (such as WMP or Windows's 8 video player).

Some observations: The data rate as shown by MC18 is somewhere b/w 1Mbps and 2Mbps. The transmission rate I get on my wireless client is about 5Mbps to 8Mbps - measured using Windows perf counters while copying very large files.

At this point I can't use my wireless client due to this issue and would appreciate help.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Video Playback stutters over WiFi
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:56:58 pm »

have you tried to increase (sometimes decrease) the buffering in Tools > Options > Audio> Output Mode Settings.
Have you any sample-rate conversion or other CPU-slowing DSPs  going on?
Are you using latest version of MC18 ?

klauss

• Recent member
Re: Video Playback stutters over WiFi
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I am not using any conversion (in fact, I can't get conversion to work as I am always getting a playback error whenever I try). I will try the increase in buffer size and see what happens...
Pages: [1]   Go Up