INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.236 Beta Available...  (Read 4479 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.236 Beta Available...
« on: March 27, 2002, 12:55:58 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.236 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

DSP & EQ are gone again, that includes Replay gain.

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure in your abilities to deal with bugs.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. NEW: Added EnableTooltips, GetScreenWidth and GetScreenHeight functions to the Metamorphis engine.
2. Fixed: Quickly changing display plugins would crash Media Jukebox.
3. Fixed: Several synchronization issues in the visualization engine that could potentially cause crashes.
4. Changed: Visualization Studio would ask if you wanted to save changes when closing even if you already answered "no" once.
5. Fixed: Media Jukebox was not dealing with missing local files properly.
6. Fixed: Media Jukebox would not "Stop" if it failed to play a single file.
7. Changed: Configure button removed from Plug-in Manager encoder page.
8. Fixed: Pressing Delete & Shift Delete buttons in mini-me playlist would not work correctly.
9. NEW: Added MJVersionAutomation interface and GetVersion fuction to MJ Automation (see documentation)
10. Changed: Import to Media Jukebox button is removed from Download Manager.
11. Changed: Download Manager menu item Clear renamed to Clear All Inactive.
12. Fixed: After using Update From CDDB MJ would add (1) to the name of the disk.
13. Changed: if TOTAL_TIME is "Live" REMAINING_TIME will display "Live"
14. Fixed: Length field in Content View would display -0:01 instead of Live.
15. Fixed: MJ would not be able to store images to network drives.
16. Fixed: MJ would crash while analyzing mp3 files with invalid URL fields.
17. NEW: Added option to "Clear "Recently Imported" playlist on exit". (on by default)
18. Fixed: Encoders would reset quality to default during installation.
19. Fixed: MJ would crash if CD device was clicked on during burning operation.
20. Fixed: File size display could show too much precision.
21. Fixed: Paste images would not always work.
22. Fixed: Uninstalling of Display plug-in would not work.
23. Fixed: Selected skin in Skin Manager would not be displayed as selected in some cases.
24. Fixed: CDDB settings window had wrong tab order.
25. Changed: Content view drag image is not as long anymore.
26. Fixed: Clicking on Settings/Options would crash if user's system had wave-in devices but no mixer devices.
27. NEW: Added "Save with Download Manager" item to IE context menu.
28. NEW: Added "Copy Listening To" item to context menu for Playing Now tree item.
29. Fixed: ASF files would not work correctly.
30. NEW: In Download Manager, added the ability to change the order of the list column, column order will be remembered.
31. NEW: In Download Manager, the last sorting column, column header width and list information will be remembered in the next session.
32. NEW: In Download Manager, added Clear function in the menu item to remove selected item from the list. If any item selected is downloading, user will be prompted before continue.
33. NEW: In Download Manager, added Delete key to perform the same function as the Clear function in the menu item.
34. Fixed: Occasional crashing when Column header was clicked in Download Manager.
35. NEW: Added DSP Studio item to player menu, and toolbar, the Studio itself will be available in next build Next Page

P.S: Listening to: 'Sinnerman' from 'Soundtrack' by 'Thomas Crown Affair' on Media Jukebox

ZRocker

RE:MJ 8.0.236 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 01:21:28 pm »

27. NEW: Added "Save with Download Manager" item to IE context menu.

Tried this feature and there's a file referenced that is not installed:  DMDownload.htm.
Is this file missing from the install?

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 01:25:48 pm »

Bugs:
1. The Download Manager's Menu accelerators don't work now (eg. Alt-F, Alt-D, etc.).

8. Fixed: Pressing Delete & Shift Delete buttons in mini-me playlist would not work correctly.
2. Still fails as before here.  Did not refresh the mini-me playlist.  Went into some wierd JScript error reporting loop.  Had to kill MJ with the Task Manager to stop the error popup messages.

[Update]
BTW - This problem happened when I tried Shift|PLS|Delete in mini-me playlist to delete the currently playing track and a few other selected track (ie. multple tracks selected when I hit Shift|PLS|Delete). Also, I checked the 'Also delete file(s) from hard disk' option when the Confirmation dialog box popped up.

3. Clicking on the MPEGPlus Encoder in the Plug-In manager causes MJ to crash...see:

4. Random crash during normal MEGA-ME playback...happened at the end of one track while MJ was switching to the next track...see:

5. Try highlighting and deleting 50 tracks from mini-me's Playlist at once...very, very slooooow as MJ refreshes the the Playlist for every track deleted.  Can't it just delete them in the background and refresh the screen once?

6. When I deleted tracks from mini-me's Playlist, the resulting Playlist display was 'confused'.  I deleted the first 30 tracks from the list while track 31 was playing (left 2 tracks).  mini-me's Playlist showed 2 tracks remaining, but the wrong track names...was the original (now deleted) track 1 and 2 names...see:

Metamorphis Bugs:
1. The new GetScreenWidth and GetScreenHeight functions do not exclude the size of the Windows Taskbar.  So, you can't use the functions for positioning you skin (if that's what they are for).

2. The Tip="..." setting in XML source does not support multi-line tooltip text, but setting the Tooltip property in JScript does.  Seems like the XML parser should recognize the "\n" escape sequence as a Newline.

3. When you have the Equalizer turned OFF and you drag an EQ Band or Preamp slider, either the OnEqualizerChanged event is not firing or the MJMixerAutomation object's EQOn property is not set properly (when checked in the OnEqualizerChanged event call).  In this case the EQ is turned back ON, but the skin's Power On button does not know the EQ has been turned back on (automatically).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 01:36:42 pm »

Nice Warning Note
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Ilmar

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2002, 01:51:54 pm »

Hi

This beta seems smoother and faster...

Win XP Pro, 1.2GHz, 384Mb.

Listening to: 'Sarasate - 'Carmen' Fantasy, Op.25' from 'Itzhak Perlman: Paganini and Sarasate' by 'Pablo Sarasate' on Media Jukebox

stebajo

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2002, 03:35:08 pm »

Ohps, we have lost DFX too...

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2002, 04:11:09 pm »

I'm travelling on faith that DSP, EQ and ARG will be back and better than ever soon. Am I right?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2002, 04:20:25 pm »

Soon, very soon.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

RemyJ

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2002, 04:50:52 pm »

Start a burn with "decode MP3 directly to CD" turned off.
Press cancel while preparing a track.
Answer YES to the confirmation dialog.
App hangs and has to be killed from the task manager.

Other burning problems reported with 8.0.234 still exist.

RemyJ

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.236

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1779 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3315.1000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.3103.1000
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3502.4373
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

Pythius

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2002, 04:52:55 pm »

CD Labeler will not print image on disc properly. Problem is horizontal lines of various colors scattered across the image. I get the lines using a jpg file or the themes. Line are not present on the image printed on the front cover.

Can print disc lables using the same jpg file on another labler (I'd like to retire) with no problem.

Here's the system info.

CPU: AMD K6 2 345 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 228 MB, Free - 139 MB
Resource Info: System - 56 %, GDI - 74 %, User - 56 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Printer is HP Deskjet 722C.

Scronch

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2002, 05:19:14 pm »

Whenever I try the CD labeler, the CD-R disc jams my printer.

Next Page

Sniper

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2002, 05:33:55 pm »

Under Plug-ins/Encoder the link on the encoder info says "Format web pite."  I assume that's suppose to say "Format web site."

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2002, 06:07:15 pm »

Listening to: 'Kryptonite' from '' by 'Three Doors Down' on Media Jukebox

Anyway that this feature could skip over items that don't have a value?

Ideally, the above would become Listening to: 'Kryptonite' by 'Three Doors Down' on Media Jukebox

I wouldn't mind seeing the same for the Player Window as well, so I don't have to see "Three Doors Down - Unknown".

Scronch

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2002, 07:26:06 pm »

OK, I hate to spend time on this little "Listening to" feature, but...

SUGGESTION 1
I often keep just a few songs from certain artists (especially one-hit wonders).
I use the artist-album directory structure, so if I don't care about the album
name, I just name the album the same as the artist.
Example: Chopin\Chopin\Funeral March.mp3
I don't want to see:
Listening to: 'Funeral March' from 'Chopin' by 'Chopin' on Media Jukebox
Could we have a setting to turn off the album, so I'd get:
Listening to: 'Funeral March' by 'Chopin' on Media Jukebox

SUGGESTION 2
Add your website to the plug:
Listening to: 'Funeral March' by 'Chopin' on Media Jukebox (www.mediajukebox.com)
Not a lot of people will bother with a search engine, but they may be willing to follow an URL.

See, JimH, I didn't even tell any dirty jokes.

Scronch

Sudadon

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2002, 07:59:17 pm »

I also have been experiencing random crashes while playing back in MEGA-ME mode in shte last few builds.  MJ keeps crashing after playing back a couple of tracks.  Could this be related to shortage of memory?  Would appreciate any insight into how I might be able to avoid this.

MJ Ver.8.0.234
Pentium II 500MHz
Memory 256MB
Hard disk 40GB (30% capacity remaining)
Windows 200

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2002, 11:01:06 pm »

Scronch - Check out "CD Info". It's great and will give you exactly what you're looking for. It's a selection available through "Label Printer."  Try it, you'll like it!

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2002, 11:09:52 pm »

JohnT - Boy oh boy! That "CD Info" addition to label printing is just GREAT! Thanks JRiver Development Team or whoever is responsible. My hat's off to you for a job well done.

Listening to Anastasia Kitruk (Classical Violinist).

toni

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2002, 11:16:57 pm »

Are the "buffering & dibeng bugs" resolved in this beta?

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2002, 11:25:05 pm »

toni - They have been fixed for my system, but perhaps you should download and see if they have been fixed for your system.

Later - sg2

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2002, 12:15:52 am »

CD Labeler looks like big improvement but haven't tried it yet (will tonight).

Q: after loading background image, can I manipulate it on the label (zoom/shrink, shift focus, insert multiple images on solid-color background) like you can with Mediaface?

HTH

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2002, 02:18:14 am »

Cool. The cover art bug is history now. It works perfectly. I tried to get a cover art from the web and ask MJ to store the result on a network path and I had no problem.
Thanks
Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

ZRocker

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2002, 02:58:02 am »

Bug:
1. Updating MP3 tag info fails 100% of the time now.  MJ always errors out with "Media Jukebox failed to update tag information for the edited file.".  I have ID3v1 support endabled (create if necessary) and iD3v2 support disabled.  Tried Media File Properties and inline editing and both fail.

Request:
1. Can we get a Play button Behavior setting for "Play selected visible files" and maybe change "Play visible files" to "Play all visible files"?  This would give the Play button 3 Behaviors.  Or, change the list to "Play Visible Files (All)", "Play Visible Files (Selected)" and "Play Playing Now".  Of course, if Selected is enabled and nothing is selected currently, then All should be assumed.

Durgame

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2002, 04:00:26 am »

Mine works fine writting both types

> I have ID3v1 support endabled (create if necessary) and iD3v2 support disabled.

Where do you make this selection?

Durgame

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2002, 04:52:29 am »

Strange problems:

MJ crashed a few times the last hour. Just closed. No error message, nothing. I was trying to play the next song and bang! closed.
Strange. Never happened before.
I also have a problem when trying to make MJ windows active, i.e. I'm working with word and try to ALT-TAB to MJ. I have to do it several times before the windows comes active. It's maybe not related to MJ but I have no problem w/ other applications.
Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2002, 05:28:30 am »

Spectrum analysis is still goofed (huge nonexistant spikes above 20 khz, total lack of middle frequencies)... is this related to the DSP tweaks that have been taking place? I know it's only cosmetic, but a bug nonetheless.

Listening to: 'Crash Test' from 'Soul Of A New Machine' by 'Fear Factory' on Media Jukebox

IRC fanatic feature, eh? Next Page

stebajo

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2002, 05:39:35 am »

From version 8, the only way I have to connect an user in Music01 is to quit MJB before; with or without firewall.
The same if I want change user. I've also red error 415 on my terminal server when someone was trying to connect to me.
Have you the same issue?
Thanks

CPU: AMD Athlon 1619 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 103 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

LCtheDJ

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2002, 05:41:15 am »

Durgame, I don't have MJ with me right now but you set the ID3 tag modes approximately here: Options/Plugin Manager/input/mp3/configure

Durgame

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2002, 06:46:02 am »

Thanks LCtheDJ,

> approximately here: Options/Plugin Manager/input/mp3/configure
You sent me into the right area.

Actually Settings/Plugin Manager/Input/MP3/Configure...

...just another nook I have not visited until now.

Durgame

rjay

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2002, 06:48:02 am »

"UPDATE TAGES WHEN FILE INFO CHANGES" will not stay ticked: tick it, click OK, go back to Options and it' still unticked.

Joe Z.

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2002, 06:48:31 am »

If you select anything but the default (I think it is "Add to Play Now (Play now)") as your double click preference, MJ8 won't jump to playing now upon a double click.

Marty3d

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2002, 06:52:42 am »

BUG
In addition to rjay post:
In Options - General, when you uncheck "Automatically import files into Media Library", the "Clear recently added ..." is unchecked next time you enter Options...

jimmy

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2002, 08:03:51 am »

>>17. NEW: Added option to "Clear "Recently Imported" playlist on exit". (on by default)

The tick box does not seem to stick... It was on when I installed the new version, but on restart the Imported list items were all still there. Checked the settings again and the box was no longer clicked. Turned it back on and exited settings, went right back in and it was unchecked again.

scub

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2002, 11:51:22 am »

In the last couple build playback skips like a dirty CD.  Looking at task manager shows memory usage steadily increase to about 5MB and then it jumps down to less than 1MB.  Its during this decrease in memory usage that it skips.  It does it every few seconds and makes playback rather nasty.  The farther the decrease the worse the skip is.  So if it goes from 8MB to less than 1MB the stop in playback is rather large.  If it drops just a meg than the skip is barly noticable.  Reinstalled didn't help.  When the skips occurs my whole system freezes up for a few seconds.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 929 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 261 MB   <<---NT Reports this at 92MB  I bet its more accurate.
OS: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 (Build 1381)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3314.2101
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.3314.2100
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3314.2100
Shell32.dll: 4.00
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2002, 12:37:35 pm »

scub,

Follow this steps:
1. Download and Install build 8.0.237 (when available)
2. Download reg file from this link: Click Here
3. Run REG file

This procedure will disable Memory Optimization used in MJ.

Let us know if that helped.

Regards,
Nikolay
Pages: [1]   Go Up