INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripping problems  (Read 1286 times)

cooderhead

• Recent member
ripping problems
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »

I am attempting to rip CDs into my library and frequently have the rip fail with an error message....open drive failed / parameters are out of range. how do I fix this?

cooderhead

• Recent member
ripping problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 06:48:10 pm »

Can someone out there give me a clue as to how to fix this. I am ripping CDs into MC18 and very frequently I get an error message: " open drive failed. parameter is out of range."

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ripping problems
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:22 am »

There was a fix not too long ago for an issue similar to this.  Are you running the latest build?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

cooderhead

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:04 am »

Hi John T.  I am a bit new to all of this. By latest build....do you mean am I using the latest version of MC? I did change rip settings from secure to normal and I have been able to rip some of the problem CDs but not all.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:56 am »

Hi John T.  I am a bit new to all of this. By latest build....do you mean am I using the latest version of MC?
Yes, click "Help" on the menu and "About Media Center" and it will tell you at the top of the pop-up what build (version) you're running.  You can click "Help / Update Channels / Check for updates" to get the latest version.  Make sure "Disable automatic update" is NOT checked.  If your version is 175 or greater, you should be fine.
I did change rip settings from secure to normal and I have been able to rip some of the problem CDs but not all.
Do the problem discs have a lot of scratches?  Sometimes cleaning them helps.  Try dropping the "read speed" to 1x (the option is next to the "secure" vs. "normal" rip mode you changed.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

cooderhead

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 03:19:22 pm »

Thanks again John.I will make sure to uncheck the disable updates. I have been cleaning the discs also. And I will try dropping the read speed to1x. I really appreciate the advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up