INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD crashes or sticks on MC 18.0.183 when played from 2nd library.  (Read 1557 times)

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen

Installed MC 18.0.183 on a second laptop to test.  Have a Benchmark DAC2 HGC. Use ASIO with the Benchmark_DAC2 ASIO driver, and have selected Bitstreaming DSD over PCM(Dop).  Normal and high resolution stuff plays fine as does DSD. All the right lights light up on my DAC2 which is reassuring. However if I connect the MC 18.0.183 laptop to the library on my MC 18.0.175 laptop, DSD does not work. Either I get "Buffering ..." for some minutes, then a fail message from MC, or if switching to the DSD while playing something else a stuck in the groove kind of stuttering, or a crash. It's the same DSD file; it plays from a local library but not from a library on 2nd machine. All other types (FLACs of various resolutions) work from the remote library, so doesn't appear to be a network. If I add the DSD file on the remote computer to the library on the MC 18.0.183 computer it plays fine, so it can be accessed across the network. So the issue seems to be playing a DSD while connected to a remote library. It's not a showstopper for me - I only have the one DSD file.

Edited to add: If I reverse the connection - ie Connect the MC 18.0.175 laptop to the library on the MC 18.0.183 laptop then the DSD from the MC 10.0.183 laptop plays fine through the MC 18.0.175.
Pages: [1]   Go Up