INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash when used with Gizmo  (Read 2638 times)

tromba

• Recent member
Crash when used with Gizmo
« on: May 17, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »

Still crash when using Gizmo. I'll send zip file via email as before.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Crash when used with Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:00:30 am »

Still crash when using Gizmo. I'll send zip file via email as before.
I split this from the 187 build thread because it requires discussion.  Please use this thread now.

Please describe in more detail.   Steps to reproduce, what happens, etc.

tromba

• Recent member
Re: Crash when used with Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:54 am »

The fastest way to crash is to tap on COMPOSER. At that point MC closes on screen and a crash reporter opens with a log file. On the rare instances where I get a listing of composers, picking any one will crash MC.

If I don't start with COMPOSER, it is possible to play some tracks but eventually, even without tapping COMPOSER, the program closes.

Often after this happens it's difficult to connect Gizmo back to MC on the computer

I'll play with this more, but it seems to always happen eventually, and, other than COMPOSER at the start, never the same sequence of taps.

By the way, it just came to mind that my tablet was a HP running WebOS and is running a cyanogenmod. I've been using it so much as an Android tablet I sometimes forget it's roots. It's quite possible that something here is causing the problem. I'll see what happens if I try my phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 12:28:15 pm »

So when you click on Composer in Gizmo then Media Center on the PC crashes?  Meaning that the Windows program closes and you have to restart it?

tromba

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »

Yes, by crashing I mean the program closes (although we're talking Mac here, not Windows) and must be relaunched to be used.

tromba

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 02:10:42 pm »

Just just crashed/closed again and although I've reopened it, neither my phone or tablet can connect. "There was a problem connecting to the server"

I opened my Macbook and put 18.0.187 there and encountered the same problem (although the key on my macbook either ends with an Fl or a FI and it's hard to tell which.....)

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:45:37 am »

I have found on the last several builds that I can get odd things such as you describe so I have started rebooting after an update, this seems to sort things for me.

I forgot after loading the latest build and played an album without issue until the album finished, attempting to change album via Gizmo I was unable to connect (I was connect whilst the album played). On trying to change album on the Mac the program closed, reopened, tried to select again, program closed again. Rebooted and all working again as usual. Just a thought.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up