INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Loading Library - Any ideas on what is going on?  (Read 12995 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Error Loading Library - Any ideas on what is going on?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »

I understand the problems are different, but the solution is the same.  For some reason my library server does not start reliably, but by starting MC with the task scheduler, the library server also starts running. So, the task scheduler solution does address my problem. I implemented it and it seems to be working. Having it start automatically saves me form having to remember to start up MC by hand.  The hardest thing was getting a work around to automatically get by the   pop-up to allow the program to make changes to the system. But, I have gotten around that. I will continue to monitor, but it seems to be working at this point.  I am very happy that your solution also worked for me. Thanks to you and to Glynor.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 05:50:46 pm »

but by starting MC with the task scheduler, the library server also starts running. So, the task scheduler solution does address my problem. I implemented it and it seems to be working.

How did you get Media Server to start as well - using the scheduler? That is my next challenge.

I am now thinking I want to move ahead and make my new HTPC the actual "media server" now and get away from these connection issues to my work PC.

If you can share settings on how you get Media Center AND Media Server to start - I would appreciate it.

VP

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2013, 10:02:22 am »

The library servers starts up when you start up MC. I do no know how to get the library server to start on its own. That option is available in Options - Startup, but for some reason it has been unreliable for me. So, I just start up MC and the library server starts also.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2013, 10:50:32 am »

The library servers starts up when you start up MC. I do no know how to get the library server to start on its own. That option is available in Options - Startup, but for some reason it has been unreliable for me. So, I just start up MC and the library server starts also.

Thanks!

Yeah - after I finally got this mess sorted out - it finally donned on me that if I make the HTPC as the actual "server"...I can do away with the scheduled task.

My need for the scheduled task was only valid when using this HTPC as a "client" (to my work PC - which is the library server). After a system boot - MC wants to connect to the "server" practically instantly - and in my case - it woudl always error out since the network interface was not ready - hence the need for a 12 second delay.

But with HTPC as the one and only "server"...I can simply set MC to start itself AND Media Server - per the Tools-Options-Startup area..and ditch the task.

Cheers!

VP

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2013, 03:24:41 am »

And after all that, searching for something completely different, I found this and thought of you...

Added away back in build 41...
11. NEW: Added support for /StartAfterDelay to the launcher so you can run Media Center after a delay (example to start after 5 seconds: MC18.exe /StartAfterDelay 5000)

Glad you're all sorted out now anyway. Niggly things like that are always horrible.

-marko

Vocalpoint

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2013, 07:21:52 am »

And after all that, searching for something completely different, I found this and thought of you...

Added away back in build 41...Glad you're all sorted out now anyway. Niggly things like that are always horrible.

Marko,

Very cool. Is there anywhere that has a complete listing of all command line switches?

Cheers,

VP

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2013, 11:05:11 am »

There's the command line page on the wiki, here, as well as the "Core Commands" page, here.

These are not completely up to date though, as I see the "StartAfterDelay" switch quoted above does not appear on the command line page. They're a good starting point though.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 12:18:48 am »

These are not completely up to date though, as I see the "StartAfterDelay" switch quoted above does not appear on the command line page. They're a good starting point though.

Troublemaker.

Wiki updated.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up